Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleshing Out the Medical Director
Currently the Medical Director is not particularly fleshed out as a Head job, for a few reasons.

1. The MD doesn't have a "Head" PDA cartridge. The Captain, HoP and CE have Easy Record Deluxe, the RD has the unique SciMaster, but the MD just has the boring old Med-U.

2. The MD doesn't have a unique jumpsuit. It just starts with a generic "black suit", which is the same as the Mortician's suit.

3. The RD still has all of the MD's access plus more. The SciMaster cartridge also still has a bunch of medical stuff which by rights should be on the MD's unique cartridge instead. Oh and the RD has a hypospray in his office while the MD doesn't.

4. The MD doesn't start with anything special. The CE has an RCD, the RD has a Hand Teleporter, but the MD doesn't even have its own card-locked locker. Granted I'm not sure what semi-rare medical stuff the MD can have, but at least it should have a card-locked locker.

5. The MD doesn't have a Flash. Every other Head job starts with a Flash in their rooms, except the ones that get energy weapons. Granted the MD can just get one from Robotics but still.

6. The MD's bed doesn't have a bedsheet on it. While we're on this topic the HoP needs a bed in his office.
With regards to 4., the Portable Medbay Sleeper remote could probably start in the MD's office/locker.
Embolism Wrote:Currently the Medical Director is not particularly fleshed out as a Head job, for a few reasons.

1. The MD doesn't have a "Head" PDA cartridge. The Captain, HoP and CE have Easy Record Deluxe, the RD has the unique SciMaster, but the MD just has the boring old Med-U.

What would be good on a MD's cartridge? The SciMaster would probably fit nicely.

Embolism Wrote:2. The MD doesn't have a unique jumpsuit. It just starts with a generic "black suit", which is the same as the Mortician's suit.

Yeah I noticed that. I think back on donut, the MD had a suit of sorts but I'm not sure.
How would a grey suit with blue tie look? I can recolor the suit in a few minutes, I'd say it would look more "doctor" like.

Embolism Wrote:3. The RD still has all of the MD's access plus more. The SciMaster cartridge also still has a bunch of medical stuff which by rights should be on the MD's unique cartridge instead. Oh and the RD has a hypospray in his office while the MD doesn't.
4. The MD doesn't start with anything special. The CE has an RCD, the RD has a Hand Teleporter, but the MD doesn't even have its own card-locked locker. Granted I'm not sure what semi-rare medical stuff the MD can have, but at least it should have a card-locked locker.

There really does need to be some balancing issues with the RD and the MD.
Call me mad, but I'd say get rid of the RD's access to medical and robotics when pathology is introduced if ever, and introduce a path to pathology to from the west (past the test chamber) so that the RD can access pathology (and genetics via the monkey pen)
That way, MD has Medbay, Robotics, Genetics and Pathology (perhaps also botany for some medical herbs?)
And RD has Science, Botany, Pathology and Genetics. Seen as Science sector consists of jobs rolled into 1, that's a fair balance.

For the MD, give him the hyprospray that RD has (maybe a big hypospray) and a beaker of synthflesh.
Since no one ever picks the syringe gun as a traitor item anymore, I think it'd be neat if the medical director had a cardlocked locker with one in it.

Something fun and unique for him to play with, reminiscent of how things used to be when Head Surgeon was made a job on donut 2, and might encourage people to experiment with the item so we can get more traitor diversity!
give the MD a fold-up surgery table that can be turned into a briefcase

helpful for emergency surgery, and guaranteed not to be stolen by traitors and misused ever
icarus Wrote:give the MD a fold-up surgery table that can be turned into a briefcase

helpful for emergency surgery, and guaranteed not to be stolen by traitors and misused ever

THIS.
icarus Wrote:give the MD a fold-up surgery table that can be turned into a briefcase

*jaw open*
yes!

[Image: fTJidHG.gif]
Why not give the director his own set of surgery tools as well, since the HS had a scalpel and saw, why not give the director both as well as a staple gun.

That with a porta surgery table would be useful as heck if the surgery room is flooded with dying people.

Pathology coming back would be cool, but diseases don't happen enough to make the pathologist useful.

Unless food poisoning becomes fleshed out or disease outbreaks happened more often, I don't see pathology being necessary unless the admins have done something to make it useful without outbreaks.
atomic1fire Wrote:Why not give the director his own set of surgery tools as well, since the HS had a scalpel and saw, why not give the director both as well as a staple gun.

That with a porta surgery table would be useful as heck if the surgery room is flooded with dying people.

Pathology coming back would be cool, but diseases don't happen enough to make the pathologist useful.

Unless food poisoning becomes fleshed out or disease outbreaks happened more often, I don't see pathology being necessary unless the admins have done something to make it useful without outbreaks.
The plan is to introduce disease sources that will make diseases more prevalent.

For example, corpses will develop diseases as they rot, making proper care and disposal important
Embolism Wrote:Currently the Medical Director is not particularly fleshed out as a Head job, for a few reasons.

Maybe give the MD's PDA a Medibot program like the Securitron program officers have. One that allows him to call a Medibot to a given location. It would be very limited in its usefulness, but sometimes you can't be bothered to walk somewhere when you can send a barely sentient robot instead.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:The plan is to introduce disease sources that will make diseases more prevalent.

For example, corpses will develop diseases as they rot, making proper care and disposal important

Spot on. Pathologists will be busy making cures if people aren't given proper burials.
I gone and dun sum sprites.

(I do not like the MD having a black suit, he looks far too like a roboticist so I done..)

A grey suit with a blue tie, rolled up sleeves, gold chain and a stethoscope around the neck for that ultimate oldtime "enema cure-all" look.

[Image: p083U9B.png]

[Image: BE8rvGe.png]
[Image: yQwQ6Ht.png]
[Image: GQxAeIF.png]
[Image: XZKfyoi.png]
[Image: B0jgpBP.png]

Spriting this..
The "Opcase"
[Image: ILmLQFg.png]
[Image: AODLbmk.png]
Sundance Wrote:The "Opcase"
[Image: ILmLQFg.png]
[Image: AODLbmk.png]
...Yes please.