Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Idea] add chemicompilers in medbay pharmacies?
Hi, I recently have been using the chemicompiler to make meds etc, but usually I have to make a new one for the medbay.
I was wondering if it would be possible to add the chemicompiler to the different pharmacies, seeing as nobody uses them anyway.
I get that they're kind of a science thing, so I could see the argument that it doesn't belong in medbay, but considering
barely anyone (that I've seen, at least) uses them, I think it's fair enough? Yes/No?
I recommend you get yourself StrongDMM the mapping tool, and do a PR yourself! smile

There should be a guide how to install the tool too and in all honesty mapping is great fun and perhaps your PR has a chance to get merged too! big grin
Check out the #immapper channel on the Goon-Station Discord server.
(12-14-2020, 10:44 AM)GORE Wrote: I recommend you get yourself StrongDMM the mapping tool, and do a PR yourself! smile

There should be a guide how to install the tool too and in all honesty mapping is great fun and perhaps your PR has a chance to get merged too! big grin
Check out the #immapper channel on the Goon-Station Discord server.

I'll see if I can figure it out
I don't really see why Doctors should get the chemicompiler, it feels like it should be an exclusively "science" tool due to the stupidity of the machine's coding language. I don't like the idea of the chemicompiler being added to the pharmacy as it would just make science and medbay even more distant due to medbay having an exact replica of the chemistry wing.
The chemicompiler is really good at performing repeated reactions, like constant foam reactions. Could be really obnoxious if there's one in medbay... if anyone actually uses it.

Though, if it isn't a problem now with mechscanned chemicompilers spamming deathsmoke, it probably won't be anyway with one with these in medbay.
It remains unfortunate that the chemistry/medbay cooperation that some maps have designs for didn't pan out.

I agree with the sentiment that the chemicompiler is probably the unique toy chemistry has going for it, so maybe don't give medbay any.

You can probably ask chemistry if you can use theirs tbh, it doesn't get used in a majority of the rounds I've seen.