Poll: Do you think this should be added to the game
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I desire more chickens
100.00%
13 100.00%
No, we dont need chicken ranchers
0%
0 0%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Idea: rancher gimmick job
The idea is simple: a rancher as a new gimmick job with botany access and some rancher outfit (maybe overalls and a straw hat) maybe they also start with an egg for a random chicken breed, and corn. as you can guess the ranchers entire job would be based around chickens.
Reasoning: because we already have an apiarist, chickens are neat and botany sometimes ignores them, and because some people said they liked the idea on discord
I'd love for a rancher gimmick job, give chickens some love! The main issue is Botany being pretty cramped usually, but we do already have apiarists.

Honestly I'd love for ranching to be a permanent thing, expanded upon and for chickens to be separated from Botany, but that's another matter entirely.
As I said in the town hall, Rancher is a planned permanent expansion of the Agriculture Dept. There's just not enough there, yet, to justify the amount of map work that would require
(12-13-2020, 03:44 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: As I said in the town hall, Rancher is a planned permanent expansion of the Agriculture Dept. There's just not enough there, yet, to justify the amount of map work that would require

You changed your mind fast considering a ranch addons is being added to all maps as we speak and ranchers have been/are being added as a normal job
Well, what do you know, rancher is here as a full time job like botanist and scientist and others are. Idea's actually been in the works basically since chickens were added, pretty much. Progress was a little slow, as is often case for a lot of personal code projects done on spare time, and like urs said, having to update so many maps definitely a barrier. Had people, devs and non-devs, not been chipping in and adding ranches to maps, I think it'd taken much more time for a rancher job to appear.