Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squid person rework
Need advice on a squid person rework, currently they can breath any liquid and are available only through mutation. I coded a trait to add them into the starting traits but while doing this I had attention brought to me about the balancing it requires. Sorry if this is scattered anxiety is clouding my mind. 

Anyways, I’m looking for ideas on how to rework the squid people. Some ideas have been making them worse on land with hits to stats but also requiring water tanks (like air tanks to humans) but I believe that their ability of full water breathing is too powerful. My only idea currently is having them breath a specific chemical that is in mobile tanks around the station, made up of a near sea water composition of 70% Oxygen + 10% hydrogen + 10% sodium + 5% chlorine + 5% magnesium

While they would need this to survive on station water could serve as a replacement, however would only be temporary and would induce the same drowning effect that it does with humans, however much slower

Edit: http://tolweb.org/treehouses/?treehouse_id=4225
I think breathing is too complicated to balance. As I mentioned in the other thread, moving faster through water is probably a better move (including pools of water on the main station/ship), with the caveat that they "dry" out while on land and require to drink water occasionally or they can jump into the pool for a full replenishment. On non-RP it just means that they need occasional sips, while on RP it just means their thirst meter runs out quicker (although again, by jumping into a pool / large body of water they rapidly quench their thirst).
water addiction
(12-11-2020, 10:30 AM)Carbadox Wrote: water addiction

This is an elegant solution. Yes.