Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
[PR] Adds new species trait "Squid", transforming the character into a Squid Perso...
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[FEATURE] [INPUT WANTED]

About the PR

This Pull Request adds the Ithillid mutation race to be a selectable starting trait

Why's this needed?

This change allows for further creativity when making RP characters, and that those who wish to be a squid person do not need to rely on random mutation/genetics

Code:
(u)Yellow-Mushroom:
(*)Added new starting trait of "Squid", making the selected character into a squid person

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Yeah, I'm not too keen on adding more "buffer" mutantraces to roundstart. I'm not too pleased currently on mutantraces as they stand and having yet another "human but X" doesn't exactly sit well with me. If squid people were to be added I'd like them to be more unique than just being able to breath underwater and having a squid head.
maybe a ink ability that has the blind effect for 25 sec and a 3 min recharge but than there would need to be weaknesses to them as well so they aren't just a upgraded human.
On the contrary, I actually think Zoidberg-esque Squidperson is the most alien of them all. Better than cow, which was a joke race at first but now it's a thing? Fucking cows.

Off topic - Honestly the floodgates are open in terms of alien races, I'd like to see more so long as they're actually alien orientated, rather than animal? I think I speak for many here and my reasoning is fairly transparent. Even the Skeleton race I feel should be more grounded in reality. It's dumb AF if you're playing on RP and then in walks Captain Skeleton and RD Cow and these are players of authority you actually should listen to.

My sentiment is that if we're introducing more aliens, maybe give them some sort of lore? Their relationship with NT? Give their races names?
...Or do we honestly believe by building upon this that it legitimizes alien races? Because right now I feel they're in this weird halfway house. Superlagg has done some mighty work on distinguishing Lizard from Humans. But I don't think "Lizard" people is a good look for an alien race. I think the argument that they're "mutants" isn't a good one. Ponzai or w/e the traders name is already an established alien lizard, as is that stoned ass amphibian.

On topic - I do agree with Dimwhat that squid doods needs work. Swimming faster in water instead of breathing under water would feel more balanced. There needs to be a caveat, maybe they require drinking water regularly otherwise they'll get a debuff?