Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Potential Change(s) of Balance for the Skeleton Trait
(12-12-2020, 04:12 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 09:24 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: Let skeletons remove and attach their own limbs and head. Kinda like plant limbs except remove them at will. I want to see a skeleton pluck off their own head and CHUCK it at someone and then the clown runs up and steals their head so the skeleton body needs to run after them. Also everything the skeleton says still comes outta the head and not the body. You know, classic cartoon skeleton shit.
This is the platonic ideal of skeletons.

When a skeleton "dies" they just fall apart into pieces.

Agreed, this is the best idea in the whole thread, in my personal opinion.
the ability to attach limbs on the fly as a skeleton is an amazing idea and a clear embodiment of all that makes ss13 great
Now to only hope that one of these ideas, hopefully KikiMofo's gains traction and gets seen by someone able and willing. Till then, the skele-men shall be coffee addicts when the milk does not flow freely.
Welp, things like this has been forgotten, oh well.
im obsesed with that skeleton detach limbs idea its so good
What if a skeleton could salvage bones from a lizardman and get talons which increase unarmed damage?
Why. That just leads to people hunting other races which.. you know
(05-09-2021, 02:11 PM)Cal Wrote: Why. That just leads to people hunting other races which.. you know

Hm, true.
(12-10-2020, 09:24 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: Let skeletons remove and attach their own limbs and head. Kinda like plant limbs except remove them at will. I want to see a skeleton pluck off their own head and CHUCK it at someone and then the clown runs up and steals their head so the skeleton body needs to run after them. Also everything the skeleton says still comes outta the head and not the body. You know, classic cartoon skeleton shit.

I still wish this would be a thing.
(05-09-2021, 05:27 PM)KikiMofo Wrote:

I still wish this would be a thing.

Same Kiki, same.  It is an idea with so much potential!
Wait, another idea to tie in tie in with the skeleton falling apart, i.e. dying.

To go along with the no cloning, what if instead in order to revive the skele-man would just need their body put back together, to like reassemble the skeleton and then possibly needing an item, like the bible to be used on the assembled skeleton. Or some other item, or maybe the skeleton makes something their phylactery, and that is what is needed to revive them.

And this would still work for traitors and the like, they would just need to cut of/pick up one of the body parts or the phylactery, preventing the revive!

No idea how hard this would be to code, but it would probably not be the hardest thing to do, based on my limited experience.

Edit: If the Bible idea is more appealing, I would think it would only be fitting and balanced if the Chaplain, i.e. someone with Chaplain training, must be the one wielding the bible, performing the ceremony. If the chaplain is not the one doing it, maybe there would be a chance for it to fail miserably, making it into a hostile AI skeleton, summoning some foul being, putting a different dead person in that body, or just failing outright.
I just want to be a talking disembodied skull named Murray.
(05-10-2021, 02:37 AM)Mouse Wrote: I just want to be a talking disembodied skull named Murray.

It’s’ a noble wish.
An idea I had just now for further skeleman depth.

While thinking about vampires, I began thinking a bit about the blood system, and had a realization. In Goon canon, or at least on the trait's wiki description, it compresses the body into basically the bones seen. Now my realization: Wouldn't that mean that the skeleton would have higher blood pressure, that they would bleed more/faster/more often when there are chances? There would be lowered volume for the same amount of blood to be in.

Just an idea, and if any idea was to be done, Kiki's still takes the cake.
Welp, with the recent nerf to Skeleton milk healing, figured I'd resurrect this thread.

After more time with hte previous healing, I warmed up to it, but now it has been nerfed a fair bit, so some more spice to the skeles might be nice. Now that I would get healed less, the lack of cloning capabilities now makes it pretty painful. The only way to revive as a skele-man, is to get your brain transferred, but that will remove the skele race, which is a real pain when you specifically chose to be a skeleton, only for it to be taken away. Is kinda annoying that Skeleton is the only race you can choose that can be taken away later, but oh well. All I can hope for is the possibility of more changes to Skele-men in the future. If nothing comes of this oh well, guess I'll keep on being a Skele-man, despite the now increased downsides of this race.

Edit: I have been away from the game for a bit, so if I have missed any changes as to how chemicals work or the ease in which you can get milk in large quantities, my apologies. Just going off the patch notes.