Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Potential Change(s) of Balance for the Skeleton Trait
Lightbulb 
As the title suggests, I wish to change the balance of the Skeleton trait.

My change that will make up for the inability to be revived are simple and are as follows.
  • Make Calcium heal - Milk is rare enough on the station as is, with it barely existing and there being no way to renew it.  Simply make it so that calcium can heal as well.  To balance this change, simply make it heal for a minuscule amount per calcium.  This change would make some sense seeing as Skele's do bleed calcium.
Not being able to be revived is a huge thing and being able to heal easier might make up for it, or if you think a different change would be more appropriate, tell of it in the comments of this post.  

I do know that some coffees also contain milk, but those have milk in such minuscule amounts, it is barely worth it.

Edit: Got more ideas for changes that seemed neat, not sure how balanced or easy these would be to do.  Will update below as I get more.

1. Corpse Harvesting - Harvest a corpse for bones that you can use for reinforcing or healing.  A corpse that has had its bones taken will have this noted when it is examined.  This would allow you to heal a bit more or if it fortifies, allow it to prepare for combat in some fashion.   However, with the text seen via examining it, it would show that if it was a murder, might point to the murderer of being a skele, making harvesting the corpse risky for the skele to do.
  2. Reverse Healing and Poison - In some systems, if something is undead, poison damage types heal, while healing damages.  This would make it so medical would have to take great care in inspecting the patient so that they don't end up killing them.  This would also allow the skele to make healing for them, but would also make them look suspicious due to them carrying around poisons.
  3. Durable -  Another possible change, inspired by the body detaching one below, might be to make it so skele's are harder to kill, but easier to knockout or to make slip.  Another possibility would to be to make it so skele's take less suffocation damage, due to no lungs.

4. This glorious idea from KikiMofo
Quote:Let skeletons remove and attach their own limbs and head. Kinda like plant limbs except remove them at will. I want to see a skeleton pluck off their own head and CHUCK it at someone and then the clown runs up and steals their head so the skeleton body needs to run after them. Also everything the skeleton says still comes outta the head and not the body. You know, classic cartoon skeleton shit.

At this point, in my opinion this is the best idea here.  It is the ideal change that could be done, or at least the best current idea.
Cow humans are just big walking skeleton meals
(12-09-2020, 09:25 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Cow humans are just big walking skeleton meals

Fair point, but I can count the number of times I've found a cowmen on one hand or so.  Same issue, but to a lesser extant than the actual milk bottles, they are very rare to find.
Counter suggestion: Put milk in vending machines, but in short supply (2 bottles per blue vendor).

Then put horrible DD Malk ("Now with vitamin R!") in the red ones.
Let skeletons remove and attach their own limbs and head. Kinda like plant limbs except remove them at will. I want to see a skeleton pluck off their own head and CHUCK it at someone and then the clown runs up and steals their head so the skeleton body needs to run after them. Also everything the skeleton says still comes outta the head and not the body. You know, classic cartoon skeleton shit.
(12-10-2020, 02:15 AM)Sundance Wrote: Counter suggestion: Put milk in vending machines, but in short supply (2 bottles per blue vendor).

Then put horrible DD Malk ("Now with vitamin R!") in the red ones.

That is a solution I could see working, at least it would make it better than as it is now.  Nice.

(12-10-2020, 09:24 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: Let skeletons remove and attach their own limbs and head. Kinda like plant limbs except remove them at will. I want to see a skeleton pluck off their own head and CHUCK it at someone and then the clown runs up and steals their head so the skeleton body needs to run after them. Also everything the skeleton says still comes outta the head and not the body. You know, classic cartoon skeleton shit.

That would be very fun, but not sure if it would counter the no-reviving.  It is a very neat and fun idea, though! If it kept the milk healing, it would make up for it then, I think!
(12-10-2020, 09:24 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: Let skeletons remove and attach their own limbs and head. Kinda like plant limbs except remove them at will. I want to see a skeleton pluck off their own head and CHUCK it at someone and then the clown runs up and steals their head so the skeleton body needs to run after them. Also everything the skeleton says still comes outta the head and not the body. You know, classic cartoon skeleton shit.

+1 to this, I wanna be able to plant my head in security and listen on the conversations while watching over the place with cameras

If I can figure out how to remove someone's head without them dying, I'm definitely gonna do that.
(12-10-2020, 01:50 PM)Superlagg Wrote:

If I can figure out how to remove someone's head without them dying, I'm definitely gonna do that.

Maybe make it so that if you're a skele, you are considered a Borg by the game and then build off that system or modify it?  That might be a bit too much work for one trait, as much as I want it, but it does sound possible if as I stated earlier, treating skeles as a borg.  maybe make it so the head can move around, slowly by itself or be carried by someone and then just put back on the body when you are done.  This would also open up a potential funny thing of a skeleton attaching to the wrong body!

This is needed ^
;

With the milk idea it could also be done like an addiction, I.e their bones become brittle if they don't drink enough milk
(12-11-2020, 12:27 AM)Marksman Wrote:

This is needed ^
;

With the milk idea it could also be done like an addiction, I.e their bones become brittle if they don't drink enough milk

Indeed, but that lends itself to the same problem as before, very little milk on the station.  It is a good idea though!
I have another suggestion that people might not like as far as milk goes. Give the chef a milker tool like the one from harvest moon that lets them milk critters. Obviously no people milking.
Downside is it MIGHT err into the creepy side of things, though Id say just report people that are using the milker for creepy shit. ESPECIALLY WITH COW PEOPLE.
I'm almost certain you can stuff soybeans into the kitchen processor and get jugs of milk.
(12-11-2020, 02:14 PM)Mouse Wrote: I'm almost certain you can stuff soybeans into the kitchen processor and get jugs of milk.

That is true, but here's the thing: I have never seen anyone do that or ever seen anyone in Bot use soybeans at all.  It is a way to get milk, I'll give you that, but it is equally as inconvenient as coffee.  Also, the milk healing alone still isn't good enough to make up for no revives.
This is the platonic ideal of skeletons.

When a skeleton "dies" they just fall apart into pieces.