Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.2 Average
Give latejoin sec an antag token if they would have rolled traitor
Nah.

The intention here is good though, so I can understand Katzens motivations here. Security DOES suffer from late-join enrolment, but I don't think the antag-cheese-on-a-stick is the best course of action. It would encourage the wrong sort of mindset and as Technature pointed out, it might even encourage antag fishing.

This is a far-cry from the OP, but one thing I've always liked as a concept is the NTSO. They are late-join combatants who very much feel like reinforcements. They are picked because they are fresh, they feel unique.

I think there should be a NTSO-lite option for security that latejoin in 15-20 min rounds. They're still sec officers, but like the NTSO they're NT. In fact, they should be blue. They could also take orders implicitly from the NTSO if present, otherwise they follow the HoS.

They're effectively the same as security, however they could have a minor quirks that set them apart:
1. They have cold resistant clothing that makes them more combat efficient in depressurized environments, BUT with the caveat that they are not space worthy.
2. They have a NT stun pistol (name:??), which is just a small pocket taser, at spawn. Lower capacity, one mode. Effectively a back-up gun.
3. They have a NT flash (name: Immunizer?), which is the same as a normal flash, but does not burn out.
4. They have a single medpak.
5. All of these things + standard armor + token.

As you can tell, these are minor additions that are "NTSO-lite". This is not the return of TURDS, but rather a tiny bit more "readied" officers. I think it would add more flavor to the game with the whole dichotomy of Blue n Red and NT being a little more hands on. What do you guys think?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give latejoin sec an antag token if they would have rolled traitor - by Sundance - 12-10-2020, 03:49 AM