Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.2 Average
Give latejoin sec an antag token if they would have rolled traitor
(12-10-2020, 09:26 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: I like your suggestion sundance but wouldnt that bring up the problem of no one round starting as sec and instead always late joining because latejoin NTSO-lite or whatever is just better?

2 reasons:

1. By skipping round-start "ready", you lose the chance to be an antagonist. That's a big un'
2. By skipping the round-start "ready" and you want to be a security officer, you then have to wait 15/20/30 mins depending on how the clock is coded.

Essentially it'd be a pretty dumb move to skip being a round-start officer for a slightly cooler officer that's completely blind to the station threats. It might cause a player whose in the lobby that late joined to wait maybe 5-10 mins for the role, but that's not really too bad imo.

Like the NTSO, their equipment isn't euphoric levels of great. It's just mildly better but unique.
You know, what if you gave security a very light weighting increase for each round they play? Nothing major maybe like half a percent or one percent for every round, that way antag rounds can still be a wee little bit more common but sec mains don't go absolutely berserk when they get sec for the 40th round in a row or go that long without antag or something. I know for sure that I had rounds yesterday where two people kept pulling antag back to back to back while I never really seem to get it except once in a blue moon, real frustrating if you ask me.
(12-11-2020, 12:50 PM)Drago156 Wrote: You know, what if you gave security a very light weighting increase for each round they play? Nothing major maybe like half a percent or one percent for every round, that way antag rounds can still be a wee little bit more common but sec mains don't go absolutely berserk when they get sec for the 40th round in a row or go that long without antag or something. I know for sure that I had rounds yesterday where two people kept pulling antag back to back to back while I never really seem to get it except once in a blue moon, real frustrating if you ask me.

+! to this
This is honestly the best idea I've seen.

I think make it so the weight doesn't apply if you don't have antags on at all though.

Yes I know, half a percentage, but that still strikes me as abusable to anyone who has the patience.