Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PR] Equips medical doctors with medical belts and medical pouches on spawn.
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

About the PR
Give Medical Doctors medical belts and pouches already equipped onto them.

Why's this needed?
Medical doctors having to fight over storage space is dumb. This should make things easier for them

Changelog

Code:
(u)Carbadox
(*)Medical doctors now start with medical belts and pouches already equipped onto them.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Medical pouches exist? wow. (aside from the nukie one of course)

I've been using the starting medkit for the fancier medicine instead.

Sounds good, another thought I had was making medbelts scannable.
starter medbelt fine.

no more pouches please
Really don't like giving doctors pouches. No job *needs* them, when I added them to sec officers it was meant to be a fun bonus for playing Sec to make the role slightly more enticing and unique feeling, doctors don't need that and it makes the sec pouches less of a Sec thing. Doctors really don't need the extra space either imo, but the belt is fine probably.
I'm of similar opinions to Urs. You don't need a medical pouch. My go to med doctor loadout is full of what I consider "base" medical chems. Stuff you can easily make more of.

I carry a synthflesh mender with spare beaker for resupply, hypospray, beakers of charcoal, epi, saline, and MAYBE salb. That's my belt full.
Then I grab a defib and a mannitol pill/autoinjector or two. One backpack slot and 1-2 backpack/box slots.
Then in my pockets I have an oxytank and upgraded health scanner.

With these items as a med doctor I can save practically anyone. You also spawn with an amazing medkit. Both brute and burn automenders and good stuff in the medkit. Depending on scenario I may have some anti rads or surgical tools but those are situation dependent.

But I 100% agree with giving med docs the medical belt.
Edit: Figure I'll expound on why I do very much like the idea of giving medical doctors medical belts on spawn.
As it stands somewhat recently engineers and mechanics were given utility belts full of tools on spawn. This helps during high pops, I frequently will raise job caps to allow for more roundstart jobs. On some jobs it works flawlessly. Most eningeering jobs, even mining now that the ore scoops are in the fabricators. Other jobs I'll do a little for, I'll expand botany a bit to allow for more botanists, can be done in a few minutes. Medical doctors getting belts would make it so I can raise the job cap and not have to spawn more belts and other assorted supplies for the extra doctors.
Medical belt good, medical pouches bad.
Yes, belts are a very good addition imo. It makes sense since secoffs and all engineering jobs start with their own belts, whereas, in case of doctors, sometimes you end up scavenging for a fanny pack since all the belts have been already taken and maps just don't have enough of them for all the doctor/robo slots

In case of pouches, I'm neutral on that
(12-08-2020, 08:18 AM)Flaborized Wrote: I added them to sec officers it was meant to be a fun bonus for playing Sec to make the role slightly more enticing and unique feeling,

To me, Security Officers and Medical Doctors operate on a very similar level, except that Medical is a considerably more thankless job. You're expected to heal the whole station and their grandma while being open to being raided by Staff Assistants. It's a huge target for bombing, murder, etc due to it being a high traffic zone and being the only place in the whole map that allows you to clone someone. This with the fact that there is no greater reward for your work, like Security's dedicated and unique Head role to which one could aspire to become. Medical doesnt even have job rewards.

To me the pouch is more about giving doctors something to feel proud of. 3 slots for small items only alleviates stress of being a doctor by a small degree. I definetely don't think other jobs need them. But I think Doctors should get at least a little treat for how little respect they get as is.

I don't even play MDoc. I haven't played it on over a year I think, so this change is primarily for the enjoyment of others.
Honestly I'm not sure where I'd even keep a pouch as a doctor.  Inventory management is hellish enough as it is without having to open yet another container to get stuff.
Yeah, seems cool. Doctors need more love, and I think the pouch is fine, honestly doesn't seem super gamebreaking, and more like a neat thing for them to have as a little treat.
I love this change. Honestly, the pouch MIGHT be overkill, but I won't say I dislike it. Belts good.
I'll follow step with most others here: I like the roundstart belt. I don't _really_ lean hard one way or the other on the pouch since I personally have my inventory managed well with just a belt and see the benefits of having it as well as some of the downsides.

Although I'll miss always being funny-pack morgue doctor for sure.
I wholeheartedly welcome the change smile

This change mostly benefits newer players who don't know where the storeroom with all the equipment is located.

If you have drugs in a belt rather then in a box in a backpack you will save a lot of actions, reduce the chance of fumbling, unload the mind and treat patients with greater care. smile
The access to medkits kinda negates the need for pouches. I will say, however, that medkits should probably be able to hold pill bottles. Why the heck can't they?!

The belts is a very good change though, I very much so like that.
Yes belts