Poll: Do you think they should be more common?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
69.23%
9 69.23%
No
30.77%
4 30.77%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
idea: make wraiths a bit more common
I recently looked through game modes again and i realized something, wraith (a pretty fun to deal with antag in my opinion) only really spawns during two gamemode, traitor and mixed (action), why not make it appear during a few more gamemodes like spy thief, ling and vampire?
give me your feedback

Side idea if you think this is a bit much: make them have a small chance to appear on at roundstart regardless of gamemode during spooktober
i actually really like this i loved playing wraith its a really dynamic role and requires you to have strategy to take people down or cause havoc but it just feels so damn rare like 1 in 100 rounds i will get a wraith
I would be fine with making wraiths more common place if we had better avenues for the crew to fight them. Right now, the only way is to use salt lines to make em corporeal and then beat em to death cause they have no powers when corporeal.

There should be other ways for the crew to harm the wraith. And the wraith should have at least a basic means of defense when corporeal apart from simply running.
maybe make going visible as a wraith more worth it or even required because at the moment going visible as a wraith is just a dumb move and the points you get from it really aren't enuff to set off how likely it is that you will die. So make the wraith get a permanent boost for each person that sees him and make the wraith weaker the longer he goes hidden so the wraith would come out more often allowing for more chances for the crew to fight him instead of hoping he accidently goes into salt. as well add things the wraith can do corporeal maybe like weaker revinate powers like a push that makes everyone in 2 tiles be pushed back 3 and stunned for 3 seconds but make this cost a lot of points and a timer so he cant just spam it and go back to being invisible. as well as being able to push people so he isn't stuck in small hallways. just a rough draft of what i could think of in a couple mins.

also make it more obvious that salt isn't good for you as a lot of wraith rounds is first timers who get killed in 15 mins and get mad cause they didnt know why they randomly became visible.
(12-05-2020, 10:39 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: I would be fine with making wraiths more common place if we had better avenues for the crew to fight them. Right now, the only way is to use salt lines to make em corporeal and then beat em to death cause they have no powers when corporeal.

There should be other ways for the crew to harm the wraith. And the wraith should have at least a basic means of defense when corporeal apart from simply running.

Gonna link this.
funny how we both had the same idea of making it more encouraged to manifest
As a little tidbit on top of other suggestions, how about making wraiths a bit easier to keep track of? If they have just used an ability, the area around them could darken noticeably but not significantly, and the darkness 'field' should slowly fade away over a short period of time. If a wraith is being a fucker and is launching stuff at you, you can see a dark spot as to where it is.

Perhaps if you happen to swing at the turf the wraith is on when it's in that above state with those special attacks that don't require you to click on a target (aka clicking with harm intent far away from yourself), it should take a small amount of damage, but not as much as if it were corporeal, and none if it was completely hidden.
There are two options to make them happen more often.
One is make wraiths pretty weak and only able to just move stuff around and not really hurt people and make it a respawn option for ghosts.
Two is keep wraith as they are but make them much more vulnerable to crew attacks. Force the wraith to become visible more often and all that. That way every other round isnt just spooky trolling time where the crew cant stop you.
i definitely think we should make them more often and make it so they have to become corporal but also give something for them to fight back with as wraiths right now are super easy to kill and i often don't see many making it passed the 20min mark because of salt. so making them go corporal with no way to fight back would make it a bit of a joke antag.
I've always wanted to see things like light, candles, cameras, and Ouija boards incorporated into fighting the wraith for spooky thematic reasons.

For instance, candles could be a wraith detector by doing something like having them burn blue flames when a wraith is nearby, eventually revealing them if they get too close.

Taking a photo of the wraith while it's manifested could let you teleport the wraith to you if you burn the photo, letting you build salt traps.

As for giving the wraith more abilities while manifested, e think those should be geared towards evasion and disarming. Maybe a wind gust that can spread salt around, blow out candles, and push people back? Curses they can put on people that gives them debuffs that require them to abandon fighting the wraith and visit the chapel to cure?
i like that idea make it more supernatural than salt than a good ol beating could be fun to have to fight the wraith in ways you normally wouldn't and make both sides have to strategize instead of going oh wraith sci make salt and the whole thing is over. and yah he shouldn't get abilities that really harm people when he's manifested.
Oooh the photo-taking idea is really solid. More creative/unique ways to fight the wraith is always solid.

I also strongly think that the vulnerability of a wraith should be dependent on how rude the wraith is being - they're just spooking people with whisper and haunting places? Very difficult to kill. They're making revenants and possessing things? Much easier to kill.

That and more unique tools for the wraith itself to do more harmless but still spooky or fun things would be fantastic.
Usage of more dangerous abilities could cause ectoplasm and the like to spawn on the floor.

This could then be used to create some new chem capable of fighting a Wraith quite well by inserting it into a flamethrower or fire extinguisher.

This chem could also be used on a Wraith not already manifested.
If more ways to deal with Wraith is introduced, I'd be all for having wraiths more often.

As is? Uh...no. Dealing with a wraith is so unfun for me that I'm willing to, and have on at least one occasion, gib myself just so I know my eventual death at their hands won't benefit them. The ideas in this thread are a genuine good effort though.
maybe qm could order a crate that includes ghost hunting gear? maybe it includes some sort of salt layer, ectoplasmic imagers and some other stuff (idk maybe be inspired by plasmaphobia which ive never played)