Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headspider crushing
Basically, got attacked by a ling, ended up with ling dying in a welded crate, when they did actually die, not regening, the headspider was outside of the welded crate which doesnt really make much sense at all. Then, the spider went inside of me, i then crushed myself and the spider comes out unharmed.
The spider really shouldn't be able to escape a welded crate and shouldn't also be able to survive the host crushing themselfs
(12-04-2020, 09:24 AM)Boxta Wrote: Basically, got attacked by a ling, ended up with ling dying in a welded crate, when they did actually die, not regening, the headspider was outside of the welded crate which doesnt really make much sense at all. Then, the spider went inside of me, i then crushed myself and the spider comes out unharmed.
The spider really shouldn't be able to escape a welded crate and shouldn't also be able to survive the host crushing themselfs

I'm not sure head spiders really need to be nerfed because they die to a single punch and are incredibly fragile. The reason they survive getting crushed is because they survive gibbing and the crusher gibs.
(12-04-2020, 10:13 AM)Pestilancer Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 09:24 AM)Boxta Wrote: Basically, got attacked by a ling, ended up with ling dying in a welded crate, when they did actually die, not regening, the headspider was outside of the welded crate which doesnt really make much sense at all. Then, the spider went inside of me, i then crushed myself and the spider comes out unharmed.

I'm not sure head spiders really need to be nerfed because they die to a single punch and are incredibly fragile. The reason they survive getting crushed is because they survive gibbing and the crusher gibs.

They survive the crusher because container code is weird.
Head spider is a nice little second chance for the ling if they have enough DNA points to headspider. Yeah it shouldnt really pop outta the crate but ehh.
(12-04-2020, 10:20 AM)Mouse Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 10:13 AM)Pestilancer Wrote:

They survive the crusher because container code is weird.

I assumed it was something to do with this for both cases, and i know that they are incredibly fradgile aswell,  but going out of your way to crusher yourself, and the spider coming out perfectly  fine is rather disapointing
The spider surviving the crusher is good - but if a change is proposed to that one should also think about enabling the spider to leave a newly infested host by cancelling the infestation process.

Option 1 (Leave it as it is):
-Headspiders survive the host getting crushed
-Headspiders do not spawn inside a welded crate (tiny and nimble)
-Headspiders cannot cancel the infestation of a host

Option 2 (Change):
-Headspiders will not survive the host getting crushed
-Headspiders do not spawn inside a welded crate (tiny and nimble and still sensical)
-Headspiders can cancel the infestation of a host