HoS Application
Quote:Usual character name: JC Denton
BYOND username: mralexs
Discord username (if you are on our discord): mralexs
Goon servers you play: Goon 1

Reason for application: I wish to help out when I can as security, and being the Head of Security will allow me to help keep the peace even more.

Security experience (300 word minimum): 
I sometimes roll security on Goon and enjoy it when I do, even if it is stressful sometimes. If I latejoin and I see little to no security officers I'll jump in as one. My usual goal as sec is to keep the peace. Early round I’ll respond to petty theft and fights while trying to calm people down. Sometimes I’ll assist with other jobs to try to improve sec’s reputation as a bunch of guys who ruin fun. I also think it is important for sec to keep a cool head, as angrily just blasting away with a taser is liable to get one on everyone’s bad side. Sometimes if there is no Head of Security around I’ll try to take charge, as disorganized sec is about as useless as an unfunny clown. Coordination is key, not only with security officers, but the whole station. A violent offender is easier to take down if everyone is working together.
When I arrest someone, I’ll put them in the port-a-brig to minimize escape chances and/or protect them from who or what was fighting back. Then I’ll give them an interrogation and pat down to ascertain their antagonist status. If it was a misunderstanding, I’ll heal them and send them on their way. If not, I’ll heal them and put them in the brig setting the timer depending on their crimes. If the antagonist died in transit or was killed in a scuffle after being detained, I’ll try to get their body to robotics if the silicons are not rogue so they can continue playing the game. I’ve had to deal with my body sitting in some hallway with tons of players just walking by not bothering to pay attention, so at least I can try to rectify that for someone else.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    When you arrest someone, use the port-a-brig. You can access the controls from your PDA. This will make it easier to keep the violent offender you just spent 20 minutes trying to detain detained!
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    Being able to block melee attacks to an extent with the baton by holding it sideways and off, similar to how one could hold a nightstick or billy club sideways in real life. 
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

[*]What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
Spend the entire round speaking in security guard quotes from Half-Life, or do security patrols with a camera crew with me to film a Space Station 13 version of COPS.
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None
+1 I've seen JC Denton around as sec on main a fair bit, both as sec and as a civilian, and they come across as competent & communicative, hitting the right balance between being effective & not too cruel to suspects.

SS13 COPS sounds like a horribrilliant idea - shame no one really watches the tvs! (Maybe we need a big static widescreen viewpoint in the public market or something..)
Why have I not said anything on this app reeeee

Yea sure, I've seen Denton around quite often, and they've been doing pretty alright from what I've seen, and they've had the capabilities for quite some time I'd say. Definitely a name I keep my eyes on when they're around.

+1
+1 to this, ive seen Denton around a few times, and they always seem to be compentent sec.
Even when other sec are trying to execute everyone for being antag, and have crazy long brig times for miner things, Denton hasn't copied their behavior. He also listens to both sides of the story when arresting. +1
+1 From me. I havent seen Denton in awhile, but every time I have they've been a very solid sec officer