Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Human Resprite Thread
(04-21-2021, 09:56 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: I would still prefer that eyebrows are optional in the character setup.

Agree with this 100%.
Can you make lipstick one pixel wide again instead of 3 pixels? Having it be 3 pixels makes it look like stupid.
(04-21-2021, 05:47 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Can you make lipstick one pixel wide again instead of 3 pixels? Having it be 3 pixels makes it look like stupid.

Got a picture of the lipstick on someone?
(04-21-2021, 07:39 PM)KikiMofo Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 05:47 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Can you make lipstick one pixel wide again instead of 3 pixels? Having it be 3 pixels makes it look like stupid.

[Image: Capture.PNG]
(04-21-2021, 10:24 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 07:39 PM)KikiMofo Wrote:

[Image: Capture.PNG]

Jokerfied
Looks like they are sad
East facing basketball in-hand sprites seem to be pretty buggy
(04-21-2021, 05:05 PM)Drewmajor11 Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 09:56 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: I would still prefer that eyebrows are optional in the character setup.

Agree with this 100%.

Yep, same here.
A workaround for eyebrows is setting them to the same color as the skin, I still think they look weird though.
Green wizard hoods have some clipping issues with hair
(04-21-2021, 09:01 AM)Camryn Wrote:
  • The new clown costume. This was the only resprite to give me a viscerally negative reaction, but it's not because the spritework is bad. They're a very good rendition of a clown but not of our clown. It's as though the soul of the clown suit was lost in the translation from one perspective to the other. Sort of like... a gritty clown reboot or something. I wish I could provide more constructive feedback, but like, there's nothing wrong with the new sprite from a technical execution standpoint. All I know is that it makes me feel sad when I look at this image:
    [Image: dreamseeker_DGGoQpknYZ.png]

I have to agree with this wholeheartedly.  It's difficult for me to really verbalize what about it looks off, but making the shoes stick more to the sides in front view like they did on the old sprite might make it a bit more... awkward looking and therefore clowny I guess?
(04-25-2021, 04:18 AM)Mouse Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 09:01 AM)Camryn Wrote:
  • The new clown costume. This was the only resprite to give me a viscerally negative reaction, but it's not because the spritework is bad. They're a very good rendition of a clown but not of our clown. It's as though the soul of the clown suit was lost in the translation from one perspective to the other. Sort of like... a gritty clown reboot or something. I wish I could provide more constructive feedback, but like, there's nothing wrong with the new sprite from a technical execution standpoint. All I know is that it makes me feel sad when I look at this image:
    [Image: dreamseeker_DGGoQpknYZ.png]

I have to agree with this wholeheartedly.  It's difficult for me to really verbalize what about it looks off, but making the shoes stick more to the sides in front view like they did on the old sprite might make it a bit more... awkward looking and therefore clowny I guess?

I think part of it is that its too aggressively shaded, making things look too lumpy and high-contrast for the clown's general feel.

I also think that there's a bit too much shading and contrast in general, too. It makes a lot of the clothes look oddly dark and detailed, which adds a lot of visual noise which I, as a half-blind attention deficit dipshit who barely even plays this game, don't really like, as it makes it much easier to lose track of what's going on.

Compare with the old sprites in general. They were mostly lower contrast with higher brightness, and more or less only shaded to either separate forms or convey some kind of angle. Sure, they looked like grody codersprites and had details seemingly put in at random, sometimes even mashing colors into some kind of ambiguous mass like the old clown's shoepants, but their simplicity made it a lot easier on my shitty eyes when dozens of those things are on screen.

On the other hand it looks like the new clown is wearing, like, five diapers. Which is totally in character and I fully support.
Ive noticed theres no sprite for people with the rotting effect, given by the rotting chem. It turns people invisible!
(04-25-2021, 07:59 PM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote: Ive noticed theres no sprite for people with the rotting effect, given by the rotting chem. It turns people invisible!

New meta
Probably way too late for any changes but monkey sprites have human-like proportions now and it just looks off.