Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Human Resprite Thread
Heart 
Hello friends! About a week ago a very large spriting project began, larger than pretty much anything else you could sprite for this game. That's right, a Human Resprite. Will include the base human sprite, all clothing items in the game, all mutantraces, and basically anything that needs to conform or fit to the human sprite. It's a lot of assets, but progress so far as been steady and promising. The main objective here is to 1. Improve the general look of the game with higher quality sprites, 2. Bring players into the 3/4 perspective that we've moved many assets into recently and 3. Ideally reduce the barrier of entry of spriting by introducing an (optional) color palette and creating an easier to draw over human sprite.

Now, for the part people will likely look at before they read the start of the post, some examples: [Image: unknown.png]

(Credits: Human Sprite Itself based on Supernorn and Gannet's sprite, heavily touched by Erinexx and lightly touched by Flaborized. Biosuit, Biosuit hood and Armor Helmet made by Erinexx, HoS Beret, Both Sec Uniforms, Swat Shoes and Armor Vest made by Flaborized and HoS Cape done by Jan.antilles. They look great!)

We're organizing this project on Trello, here: https://trello.com/b/zZMkaKtV/perspective-human-project

You can also see PRs that have been merged to the human resprite branch here: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...s%3Aclosed

If you wanna contribute or keep more close tabs on it you should check out the #imspriter channel in the Goonstation Discord, that's where pretty much everyone who's working on this posts. Also Please check the Trello to make sure nobody is working on the asset you want to start before starting! Or at least ask on Discord. Also feel free to leave feedback here in this thread if you love/hate this!

Finally, I'd like to thank the community in general for being so pleasant and being so supportive of this project on Discord. It's a really great creative space and the positive atmosphere has created a pleasant little corner where people can work on contributing Art to a Really Good Game while also improving their artistic skills without being judged harshly. It's excellent and it genuinely means a whole lot to me. Also, shoutouts to everyone who has and will contribute to this project for being Fantastic and a Badass. Will try to post progress pics in this thread from time to time.  queen greater domestic space-bee
I love this project and have been following it since "near" inception, would you be able to post the 32 bit reference sprite here for ease of vandalizing? 

I am a fool and have checked the trello, sprite refs are there and beautiful
Will I have to resprite my reward inspectors outfit?
I am in no way good at spriting. However, I have been checking into Imspriter now and again and really, really enjoying what I've been seeing. Thank you all for all the amazing hard work you put into this weird farty spessman game we play. <3
(12-03-2020, 05:41 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Will I have to resprite my reward inspectors outfit?

You can if you want to, it'll get resprited either way since every clothing item has to be to fit, so if you don't someone will.
hi friends, happy crumb, it's time for an update

[Image: unknown.png]

some various full outfits (with hair!!) (All hair by Retrino, all hats and radio headsets by Erin, robotics labcoat and chef coat by Batelite, every other clothing item by Me)

mime (beret by Erin, hair by Retrino (they both look really fantastic), rest by moi)

[Image: 1XZAvHu.png]

also some really lovely Nukeop stuff by Gannets (taken from the Trello cover image)
all of the resprites are lovely, but there's one major issue i have with it and that's that the fave looks too masculine. myself qnd many others would be very uncomfortable with our characters having such a masculine face and would very much appreciate some more androgynous or feminine options if possible
(12-25-2020, 12:29 AM)Mopcat Wrote: all of the resprites are lovely, but there's one major issue i have with it and that's that the fave looks too masculine. myself qnd many others would be very uncomfortable with our characters having such a masculine face and would very much appreciate some more androgynous or feminine options if possible

Yes, i'd like more of a feminine face, as i'm a fan of playing female characters more than male characters.
The only criticism I got is the syndie helmets kinda look off. Too big and round. Looks like bobble heads or afros to me.
Also was the captains hat always suppose to be a green cowboy hat?
(12-25-2020, 10:12 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: The only criticism I got is the syndie helmets kinda look off. Too big and round. Looks like bobble heads or afros to me.
Also was the captains hat always suppose to be a green cowboy hat?

I agree with the bobblehead aspect but I actually like that.

Sorta takes the piss out of them and keeps the visual tone light hearted
Still working away at this! I've been contributing my own PR's now instead of posting my sprites here and having other people do it! This time I've got an in-game collage that I made, featuring sprites by a lot of people who've contributed. Progress includes bumping in-hands up to fit and more misc clothing, plus some lovely hair by Retrino!

Gotta say I'm really hyped these new sprites, they look so good!
I especially like the way the space suits are designed [not to mention some of the hairstyles], compact but readable! well done so far!
Also super hyped for new sprites looks awesome!
Can't say I'm a big fan, they look too bulky, the head seems too big with no neck and the left to right being angled towards the camera makes me uncomfortable. I just don't feel good about it. They're great but I would much prefer to stick with the original human sprites.