Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiki: feedback, style and conventions
Where do we discuss the Wiki? I couldn't find a subforum. Threads about the Wiki are dispersed between "Ideas & Suggestions" and "General Discussion". I doubt I'd get  any response if I asked for feedback on the "Discussion" tab of the Wiki.

I'd like to ask for feedback on:
* Guide to Genetics - How many of you read it? Which header did you find most useful? What is missing? Is it obvious which headers I rewrote and which stayed the same? Is the rewrite better then the previous guide?
* Geneticist - As one of the Beginner jobs suggested in the Getting Started Guide, does the page set correct expectations about what is expected of you?
* Guide to Writing - Are the tables concise and understandable? Did you know DisturbHerb and Adhara In Space made lots of beautiful paperwork already? Would you like to see paperwork standardized and curated? Is it clear how you can stamp paper? What is missing?

I could not find a Wiki style manual or a thread where Wiki conventions are listed. Did I miss it? I made an informal style guide on the Guide to Genetics Discussion in Topics: Thoughts of Rewrite and Mara Arin's Style and Conventions Notes.

I'll leave question such as:
* Why does Current Events lead to a Wiki TODO page?
* How up to date is the Wiki's TODO page?
* How do you Find and Replace without being an administrator?
... for another thread.
We have a dedicated channel on the Discord for discussing Wiki topics, normally