Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spacial Tears suck
there is no reason for me to explain why waiting for 5 minutes to walk somewhere is boring
in response I suggest that:

A. they get seriously shortened down and maybe they get given a zigzag or random path across the station

B. they get removed entirely
I agree Spacial Tears are horrible and you souldint be forced to wait 5 minutes to go to a place to help somone who is geting murdered becouse a spacial tear is right in front of you.
I'm not a fan of spatial tears, either. There should at least be some quasi-science-y way to break them down or something.
I think with as often as the tears happen it is not so bad. It is not like they happen every round. They do last a bit longer than I'd like but that time can greatly help a failing traitor/ling complete objectives on stations that overpopulated.
The tears really do stick around a bit too long, especially when they show up with three minuets until the shuttle arrives.
There is a reason they're called spacial TEARS. They aren't that bad and are easy to get through if you have two people.
I guess I'm alone here, but I actually rather enjoy how the spatial tear works. It can currently be broken by GRAVITY forces, you can also work around it if you have a hand teleporter, of which there are at least three, or a medbay teleporter. You can also use the science teleporter to transport others or yourself around the station.

It is a random nuisance that can as easily play into the hands of security forces (when the traitor or changeling might be trapped in the Scene Of the Crime with several guards around) or benefit the antagonist giving him free reign over a small area for a short period of time.

Much like how communications being suddenly disabled by an event can be extremely useful with the trade off that it is completely random (aside from increased probability as the time increases), spatial tears add an element of complexity to a round that can be extremely useful to anyone capable of modifying their plans at a moments notice and encourage creativity and a bit of mayhem.

- Be creative, there's generally many ways around the problem.
but how else can I make the bartgap without tears?
Spatial tears are really dull. The chances of them altering a high octane chase is minuscule when compared with the chances of them delaying a random person from doing an arbitrary thing. Down with the spatial tears!
I think, instead of spawning an impassable wall across the station, it should do the exact opposite and delete every tile along the tear.
Readster Wrote:I think, instead of spawning an impassable wall across the station, it should do the exact opposite and delete every tile along the tear.
lol I like it.
The Syndicate Cruiser Sectioner Beam should replace the Spatial Tear as a random event.
A giant death beam that splits the station.

YES.

Watch as some poor saps walk into the path of an oncoming death beam and end up dead, and engineers/borgs have to repair all the walls, wiring, and floors.
Okay, that's actually brilliant. Any crewmember in the way should also be 'deleted'.
A syndicate sectioning beam would be hilarious if it starts at rounds past 90 minutes.

Naturally it could also have a tiny chance to occur earlier than that, whoops where did that part of the station go