• 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Discord admin/redditor Sord213
Who banned you?: Sord213
Byond Key: Gamer_Mane
Discord Username: Mocha Joe#5292
Date of Ban: 10 minutes ago
Specified Reason for Ban: [Image: banappeal.png]
Ban Length: 30 days
What led to the ban?: I took the clothes off of a security guard in the escape shuttle after the round had ended as part of an RP. The security guard didn't say anything or try to stop me.
Why am I appealing?: Fucking 30 day ban? Really?
Which rule did you break?: Rule 12 "anything sord213 is a rule counts as a rule".
Evasion Attempts: No also why did you make this guy an admin he's literally banned from the blockland forums lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu4W8gH4-5A

Who banned you?: 
Sord213
Byond Key: Gamer_Mane
Discord Username: Mocha Joe#5292
Date of Ban: 10 minutes ago
Ban Length: 30 days
What led to the ban?: I took the clothes off of a security guard in the escape shuttle after the round had ended as part of an RP. The security guard didn't say anything or try to stop me.
Why am I appealing?: Fucking 30 day ban? Really?
Which rule did you break?: Rule 12 "anything sord213 is a rule counts as a rule".
Evasion Attempts: No also why did you make this guy an admin he's literally banned from the blockland forums lol
Hi.  The reason I messaged you was you stripped a security officer on the escape shuttle before the shuttle arrived at Centcom. The security officer ahelped this and another user ahelped it. Then, when I PM'd you on the next round you proceeded to evade the questions instead of answering honestly. A simple "I thought the round was over" would have sufficed.

Until the shuttle reaches Centcom and the big "The round is now over" message appears the round is not, in fact, over.

Appeal denied. Read the rules before you come back.
(11-30-2020, 01:08 PM)Sord213 Wrote: Hi.  The reason I messaged you was you stripped a security officer on the escape shuttle before the shuttle arrived at Centcom. The security officer ahelped this and another user ahelped it. Then, when I PM'd you on the next round you proceeded to evade the questions instead of answering honestly. A simple "I thought the round was over" would have sufficed.

Until the shuttle reaches Centcom and the big "The round is now over" message appears the round is not, in fact, over.

Appeal denied. Read the rules before you come back.

He didn't say anything about it IG and went straight to ahelping. It sounds to me like you're the one who got griefed.
the fact that you cant even bother to read 9 words into the first fucking rule we have tells us all we need to know. come back when youre serious about appealing and playing here.
(11-30-2020, 01:25 PM)Adhara In Space Wrote: the fact that you cant even bother to read 9 words into the first fucking rule we have tells us all we need to know. come back when youre serious about appealing and playing here.

It's just a game why should I get serious about it? If there were SS13 e-sports leagues awarding sponsorships that would be different but I'd also be one of the first to know if there were.
(11-30-2020, 01:49 PM)Gamer_Mane Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 01:25 PM)Adhara In Space Wrote: the fact that you cant even bother to read 9 words into the first fucking rule we have tells us all we need to know. come back when youre serious about appealing and playing here.

It's just a game why should I get serious about it? If there were SS13 e-sports leagues awarding sponsorships that would be different but I'd also be one of the first to know if there were.

[Image: v3AeuuO.png]
(11-30-2020, 01:57 PM)Adhara In Space Wrote:

The thing is I've always known the rules and didn't break any of them.
(11-30-2020, 02:03 PM)Gamer_Mane Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 01:49 PM)Gamer_Mane Wrote: It's just a game why should I get serious about it? If there were SS13 e-sports leagues awarding sponsorships that would be different but I'd also be one of the first to know if there were.

Quote:Adhara In Space

the fact that you cant even bother to read 9 words into the first fucking rule we have tells us all we need to know. come back when youre serious about appealing and playing here.
(11-30-2020, 02:05 PM)Adhara In Space Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 02:03 PM)Gamer_Mane Wrote:

the fact that you cant even bother to read 9 words into the first fucking rule we have tells us all we need to know. come back when youre serious about appealing and playing here.

Spamming the same comment multiple times doesn't make it true champ.
I'm on my coffee break at work and there's some golden nuggets in this thread I want to extract.
(11-30-2020, 12:52 PM)Gamer_Mane Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu4W8gH4-5A

(11-30-2020, 01:20 PM)Gamer_Mane Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 01:08 PM)Sord213 Wrote: ... Then, when I PM'd you on the next round you proceeded to evade the questions instead of answering honestly. ...

He didn't say anything about it IG and went straight to ahelping. It sounds to me like you're the one who got griefed.

We got some weird ass video supplement heading the post.
We got a whole-ass uncropped print-screen-upload-to-imgr instead of an arguably easier copy-the-text-and-paste.
We got nonconsensual "taking the clothes off an officer as part of an RP" - wonder where that "RP" was going to go... (Ostensibly after the round had ended)
We got a game of spot the typos: Rule 12 "anything sord213 is a rule counts as a rule"
We got a case of us failing to perform a full FBI security clearance check on Sord before admin'ing him. Had we done the check we would've noticed his blockland ban and immediately hell-banned him, let alone extend an admin invite.
-- And all that's just from the OP! --
Then we got "It sounds to me like you're the one who got griefed." from a ban appealer, when what they should have said was "Sorry, I read the rules, I broke rules X and Y, and would like to keep playing."
We got "It's just a game why should I get serious about it?" - And fair enough, not a lot of effort has gone into the responses, so you truly aren't taking this seriously. But I still hear clown honking whenever I read that.
And we got my personal top-highlight: "If there were SS13 e-sports leagues ... I'd also be one of the first to know" we got an up-and-coming SS13 Pro Gamer.