• 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[PR] Remove infiltrator from syndicate vendor
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

About the PR
Remove infiltrator from the syndie vendor

Why's this needed?
I have literally never once seen an infiltrator not just ruin the round by
being spotted early. Removing it will make nukie rounds more competitive.

Changelog

Code:
(u)CodeDude:
(*)Removed infiltrator from the Syndicate loadout vendor

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I have successfully used Infiltrator numerous times. It is my favourite class by far.

Safe to say, I do not like this patch.

One simple change to the infiltrator is that they are geared with infiltrating and receiving the nuke disk. But the commander has the nuke disk pinpointer and nobody else

So round after round of me spawning as infiltrator has me begging for this pinpointer and explaining my reasoning behind it to the commander.

Just simply giving them as per the class crate will actually give the infiltrators far more direction at what they're actually supposed to do while also removing this whole pointless interaction with the commander (although the commander should keep his pinpointer as he is the antithesis to the Captain).
My current issue about infiltrator is that it is simply made by it's gun alone. It is much better at taking down any target than any other operative since the dart gun can just penetrate any armour and then (due to bugs) the knockout could last anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes. This is from a single shot! You can easily keep down an entire room of people and slowly beat them to death no matter their armour. I'd be happy with the infiltrator remaining as long as that gun is adjusted.
I also agree with Dimwhat that the sleep darts could be adjusted. Should be long enough (1-2 mins) to strip the captain, quick acting enough that you're not going to be mobbed with a number of retaliation shots by the captain, but it probably shouldn't stack, if at all possible?

You are a literal sneak attack, not an aggressor like the other classes.

So some further thoughts: 

1. Currently the tranq gun has a cap of 15 shots, with 5 refills. That's 90 shots. That's a lot of shots. Too much imo. You'd be hard pushed actually using the gun that much.

Reduce the cap to 10 and reduce the refills to 2.

That's 90 shots down to 30. Big reduction and reduced cap limits the offensive nature of this gun. Again, you a sneaky ninja, not a front line warrior. Your target is the captain and maybe some security if you're lucky, so pick your targets wisely. You're also not really aiming to kill them either. 

2. Give the infiltrator a nuke disk pinpointer as outlined. While not your entire purpose, your tools are literally the best to retrieve the disk singlehandedly. Giving them this will give them better direction.

3. Due to the biiiig tranq gun nerf as above, buff the limited use cloaker by 1 or maybe 2 more uses.

4. Give them also a limited use lightbreaker. This works wonderfully with your NV goggles and could be used as cover when your cloak runs out. 

5. Give them a single EMP grenade, which would also be brilliant defensive tool, at the cost that your radio gets fried.
I still think it should be renamed since it's bloody awful at infiltration and it's never going to not be so as long as it has a single thing that's only available in nuke.
Mirroring my gh post here.

This should not be merged. For one thing, I have seen many usages of the infiltrator being used effectively, though I wish their cloaker was a bit more interesting.
Things like this should generally try to be worked out before being removed completely. This feels like someone made a knee-jerk PR which is obstensibly against our rules since it is on the suggestion forums.
You can play infiltrator aggressively, but it requires you to try to flank or get behind the assault against where the rrst of the team is holed up.

Next time you get it try staying nearby but away from the main gunfire and pick off people retreat or sabotage their regrouping efforts.
I like @Sundance 's idea about infeltrator having a pinpoint in his kit.
(11-26-2020, 10:08 AM)Sundance Wrote: I also agree with Dimwhat that the sleep darts could be adjusted. Should be long enough (1-2 mins) to strip the captain, quick acting enough that you're not going to be mobbed with a number of retaliation shots by the captain, but it probably shouldn't stack, if at all possible?

You are a literal sneak attack, not an aggressor like the other classes.

So some further thoughts: 

1. Currently the tranq gun has a cap of 15 shots, with 5 refills. That's 90 shots. That's a lot of shots. Too much imo. You'd be hard pushed actually using the gun that much.

Reduce the cap to 10 and reduce the refills to 2.

That's 90 shots down to 30. Big reduction and reduced cap limits the offensive nature of this gun. Again, you a sneaky ninja, not a front line warrior. Your target is the captain and maybe some security if you're lucky, so pick your targets wisely. You're also not really aiming to kill them either. 

2. Give the infiltrator a nuke disk pinpointer as outlined. While not your entire purpose, your tools are literally the best to retrieve the disk singlehandedly. Giving them this will give them better direction.

3. Due to the biiiig tranq gun nerf as above, buff the limited use cloaker by 1 or maybe 2 more uses.

4. Give them also a limited use lightbreaker. This works wonderfully with your NV goggles and could be used as cover when your cloak runs out. 

5. Give them a single EMP grenade, which would also be brilliant defensive tool, at the cost that your radio gets fried.

Do this, I have no experience with new Nukies but this looks great
PR's been closed by a dev, so no chance of this thing being merged/implemented. Reminder that Gannets is still open to feedback about the current state of the Infiltrator kit and ideas on what to add to/remove from the loadout, like the ones above. (Not gonna do anything with this thread for now.)
Nukie infiltrator kit needs some work
-Give the gun only 30 shots
-cloaking device should be unlmitied use
-Auth Disk pinpointer
-Dna Scrambler + extra agent card
-Signal jammer
as it stands, if im infiltrating as nukie, i never use the kit because frankly it sucks, instead using the custom class uplink
How about one of those hologram projectors that give you a random identity for infiltrator?

Or fibrewire?
Rename the infiltrator "Assassin" or something like that.  Give them a buffed version of their old knife.

edit: IIRC the reason the cloaking device is limited use is because a cloaker with the rocket launcher was absurdly overpowered
Some useful feedback here, thanks. Gonna try and get some time to implement some changes soon.