Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Recent TEG Changes
To be clear about the hellburn thoughts: I'm not saying anything you did has changed anything about hellburns and how they work other than the frequency. My problem is people can't get charburn setups working correctly anymore and instead opt to hellburn or do combo burns.

EDIT: I have two thoughts. I had to rewrite this all because I lost my first version of it, so. I might have to come back and add-in where stuff is missing. Sorry for any flux.

1.) I forgot. Again. Consider this my placeholder text.

2.) I feel like the constant advice here and in the changelog to "just experiment" is very reminiscent of the kind of advice that I'd be given on chem and golden gas ratio stuff; which, as far as I know, both those things ARE considered secret. So hearing it here just seems to like ? unneccessarily muddle a process that shouldn't be inaccessible for people, since from what I'm understanding, no part of this is actually meant to be a secret. And then trying to teach from that is just even more difficult. I think I also have to agree with Kamades's thoughts on the serial numbers; to be a little more precise, if there is a link between X component and Y part of the serial number, I think it just needs to be stated versus a "learn it on the fly thing". I don't mean to speak for you, or your intent here, or anyone else, but I really, really think that the serial numbers need to be ? translational ? if that makes sense. In that, I think the serial numbers should be used to inform the setup, not have the setup inform the meaning of the serial. It should be about translation, not decryption, is what I guess I expect. And then I'd hope that would result in more feedback like what I think these PRs meant to evoke, where you have people come in and say "I tried X and Y and Z on this engine and got 100ZW; I wonder what would happen to output if I used lubricant Q instead of X?". I guess where I think I see my expectations not lining up with the changes so far is that I imagine engineering should be as hard as having that be a two-variable sort of equation, or three, or what have you, with something known or knowable from guidance and documentation (like a translational meaning of something in the serial number to, say, a documented bit on lubricants), but what we're being given thus far feels like everything is just totally stochastic. Nothing in that set can be known before setting up each unique engine and seeing where it goes. I know this is all very early still too, but I'd just want something more concrete to operate on because it feels like trying to hold smoke.

I think the other thing I wanted to add was tangential, but important to me: What does this spell for engineering cyborgs for engine set-up and tending? Will we need to put one or more containers on their modules to they can either carry or mix lubricants that are seeming more and more essential for a successful engine, with the 40% penalty on empty currently?

Messages In This Thread
Recent TEG Changes - by Kamades - 11-26-2020, 02:22 AM
RE: Recent TEG Changes - by Retrino - 11-26-2020, 02:39 AM
RE: Recent TEG Changes - by Leeanei - 11-26-2020, 04:45 AM
RE: Recent TEG Changes - by Kak0phony - 11-26-2020, 01:15 PM
RE: Recent TEG Changes - by Leeanei - 11-26-2020, 01:38 PM
RE: Recent TEG Changes - by nefarious6th - 11-26-2020, 10:25 PM
RE: Recent TEG Changes - by Azrun - 11-27-2020, 02:09 AM
RE: Recent TEG Changes - by Kamades - 11-27-2020, 05:50 AM
RE: Recent TEG Changes - by Azrun - 11-27-2020, 01:22 PM
RE: Recent TEG Changes - by Studenterhue - 11-27-2020, 02:38 PM
RE: Recent TEG Changes - by nefarious6th - 11-28-2020, 06:26 AM