Mentor App - Cast
Usual character name: Cast Away/Castiel Novak/Henry Jameson
BYOND username: Cast101
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Cast#8248
Goon servers you play: RP1, RPO, and ocassionaly Goon2

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): Well, i've been a player for a relative long time, about 4 years to be exact, and in this time Goon has given a lot of fun times, good memories, and enjoyement in all this time, so i'm writing this application because i'd like to give something back to the community i have been part of for years, and because i enjoy the feeling that it is to help somebody who's just starting out, or is unsure about something, so my reasons are basically that, i've been around for a while, and i feel it's about time i start giving something back to the community.

For my experience, i been playing the game since july 2016 or so, and in my time here, i've learned many things, which i'll point out in a concise way by department/Role.

AI/Borg: As a borg, i generally try to be helpful towards the crew, by being as versatile as possible, usually learning what modules i can use to be helpful, and as an AI, i generally do my best to have a bit of a personality that's hopefully enjoyable for the crew, the name i usually use being C.A.S.T.Y

Medical: Medical was one of the first departments i learned, and one of those which i most actively play, i usually always try my best to help dying people in medbay, and i always find it satisfying to save a patient in deep crit, for the rest, i've got experience in most types of surgery, and i've played enough to know what to do when stuff goes to hell and the medbay is flooded with dying people, for a last thing, i also find enjoyment in working with borgs, so that's something too

Engineering/Cargo/Mining: Between ones and others, i barely know how to make a charburn for engineering sadly so that's one of my weak points, for cargo, i know enough to not end in bankruptcy 10 minutes in, and it's usually a good place to try random shenanigans when you get rich, and for mining, i know my materials to heart, and i always find it fun to grab some mats and make some nice gimmicky weapons with matsci, but overall, i do my best to be helpful to the station regardless of these jobs

Security: This is a job i enjoy, even though i find pretty stressful, and it's technically... One of my favorites, to the point where i always try to do my best when i see a HoS around, for my style of playing, i try to be serious about crime, and follow the law as well as possible, while doing what i can to stay in contact and work with my team, but well, when that doesn't work, i just have to buckle up and hope we can survive the chaos

Botany: One of my favorite jobs, to the point where i spend hours on end making genetically spliced medicinal plants, or just any other gimmicky plant i feel like making, unless requested to plant something

And well, i'll leave it at that because this is getting a bit long i may not be the best player, but well, i try to do my best, and i want to help this community as well as i can, by becoming a mentor and helping new and old players alike understand some of the cryptic stuff this game has on stock

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): around two 24 hours bans which i got in my first or second year, one which i got for being a shitter with a pod, and the other... Can't remember, i think it was self-antagging, probably also with a pod...
Absolutely +1. Kind of surprised it took you this long to apply! Casty is a real cool cat and they've been around for quite a while. I've always had a pleasant time interacting with them in game, even before I was an admin. They'd make an awesome mentor.
i remember us talking about how you needed to apply forever ago. i’m glad you finally got to making a forum account. +1 fer sure
Cast is real cool and helpful, and it's always nice seeing them around. They'd definitely make a great mentor!
One of the few 2016 gang people left that I remember. Absolutely about time this one came through here!

Yes, yes, and yes. Cast is an excellent nerd and I've always enjoyed my interactions with them, and they've always been pleasant. Totally mentor material!
Yesssssssssssssss
Why you no apply sooner nerd ? +1
I recognize em, they're a good peep who deserves the purple
Definitely. I'm just echoing the others that I'm surprised you hadn't applied already.
surprised you aren't mentor already
Cast is always a pleasure to play with, has a good temperament, knows the flow of the game and the vibe of our community.

Cast will make an excellent stinky purple mouse.