Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] New arrivals after 20 minutes always spawn with o2 tank and crowbar
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[BALANCE][INPUT]
About the PR

Alters the starter emergency equipment box to change what it spawns depending on round time, guaranteeing the O2 tank spawn and adding a crowbar spawn after 20 minutes have elapsed in the round.

Why's this needed?

This isn't strictly necessary, but it's one possible way that changes could be made to ensure late arrivals don't end up completely screwed if arrivals is unpowered and depressurized and all the existing supplies are already exhausted.

**I am not certain that this is the correct way to go about addressing this** - input is very welcome, and I figure if this ends up not being favored, the worst that happens is I lose a patch that took less time to create than this writeup.

Changelog

Code:
(u)Kubius:
(+)New arrivals after 20 minutes into the round will now always spawn with an O2 tank and crowbar.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Make it an emergency crowbar if this goes through!
Perhaps it is just me - but usually you can call out for help over the radio; someone will help you out and then you got a friendly crewmate to hang around with.
That is if the situation is already so bad.

Scavenging the chaotic station for tools of survival is half the fun in my opinion and I would rather see more red toolboxes added to the arrivals shuttle instead of giving out emergency tier-gear to EVERY new arrival later on.
Merged/implemented. Title says it all, but yes, they get red crowbars. Surprised this thread hasn't attracted as much attention as predicted.

Something important that I don't think the description doesn't quite explain well is that it's actually part of a larger movement to make resources scale more to population. If you need air and crowbars, you normally get it from the Arrivals shuttle/area, like on Cog1. But since the map doesn't readjust or restock those supplies, if you expand the number of job slots, or number of people in general, some people kinda get screwed out of fairly essential resources, through no fault of their own. So this change tries to remedy this and pave the way towards scaling job slots/scaling resoruces by having people just start with it after a certain time, somewhat like with Engineers and their tools.