Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make the loafer harder to fuck with
At the moment, the loafing machine gets cut out most rounds and used to make loaf colliders in the kitchen or QM area. Could the pipe be moved or protected somehow so our prisoners can receive the terrible food they deserve?

Maybe leave a spare loafer in tech storage or something? That way people can still fuck around with it while letting the chef still do his thing.
Well, there is another thread for this..
But that was actually for the loafing itself, and not the loafer as such.

I agree for the most part.
I don't think it should be protected or moved, I do think it should be completely static, as in it can't be unwelded and moved somewhere else for the following reasons:
  1. It's linked up specifically (via Lay-Z Chef) so the chef can dump his junk into. Having it moved nigh every round makes this whole system kinda pointless.
  2. It's something for prisoners to request and not tear their asses off in boredom
  3. Having it stuck there would also mean staff assistants could play with it too (seen as the door is all access, and it seems right as it's next to crew quarters). Having it so close to security means that sec could spot if they are being shit as-well.
  4. It still could be used as an instant gibbing machine with some smart piping.
  5. It wouldn't be moved to qm and their entire budget is wasted on monkeys.

There is no reason for the loafer to be moved tbh bar someone being a poophead.
Place the loafer in the general population cell instead. If someone breaks in there, they're in serious shit anyway.
If it isn't possible already, why not allow Mechanics the ability to scan the loaf processor?

Keep it static and forever welded to the floor behind (or in, a better idea) General Population while the Mechanics (with a Syndicate device analyzer, perhaps?) can scan the damn thing to begin the noisy process thousands upon thousands of loaves.

(To be fair, I think the idea of that grinding processor above Escape would make the perfect accompaniment to an already dismal evacuation. The squelching cacophony of screams and scrapes fits with the escape arm and its chaos.)
Putting the loafer in the security wing and making it scannable seems like a pretty good compromise, all told.
Or make it possible to order it from a trader for some absurd amount, especially if it's a trader that you're required to reach by pod.
Yeah, I regret my request to allow it to be moved. People don't get that gimmicks get old insanely fast when you do it every round.
make it work incredibly slowly or reject anything human unless it's emagged

this way it'll take an actual traitor to get a death loaf for once
Loafer can no longer be unwelded from where it sits.
I'd like to say it's an inevitability for us to repeat an endless cycle of getting something cool, demanding said cool thing be more useable, and ultimately having it reverted to an inferior state due to our inability to not abuse things.
Now that it can't be moved, how about buffing the loafer so it's the same as it was when implemented? (that's if it was nerfed in the first place)
Why lot allow QM to buy a loafer?
epicdwarf Wrote:Why lot allow QM to buy a loafer?
Because there is one on the station, and the idea is to -stop- QM from being able to plant on in their office, buy a shitton of monkeys, and make deathloaves.
How about we give QM the ability to buy a mini-loafer that does not take monkeys unless emaged?
Fuck the QMs. If you want to use the loafer, use it where it sits. It will not become purchasable and it will not be scannable.