Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kate, Discord, Pattern of Behavior (Most Recent: 11/13/2020, 7:45-8:10 PM EST)
Admin: Kate

Server: Discord

Date + time: The most recent (and most severe) event was on November 13th, 2020 and occurred from 7:45 PM to 8:10 PM EST.
However, I have included logs from three other earlier incidents in order to establish a pattern of behavior. These incidents occurred on 10/16/2020, from 10:17 PM to 10:18 PM EST, 11/08/2020, from 7:18 PM to 8:23 PM EST, and 11/08/2020, from 9:45 PM to 10:26 PM EST.

Synopsis: CAUTION: This is going to be heavily abbreviated, so I strongly encourage you to read through the logs in their entirety.

On November 13th, 2020, at approximately 7:45 PM EST, Kate entered a downward emotional spiral in the #cool-zone channel of the Goonstation discord. She grew progressively more agitated and started lashing at aggressively and hurtfully at everyone in the channel, including fellow admins and friends who had previously supported her through difficult times. The spiral ultimately concluded when Kate told us all to "go burn in fucking hell" and left.

Sadly, I believe this is part of a larger pattern of behavior rather than a one-off incident. In the logs below, I have included not just the November 13th spiral but also a non-exhaustive list of other similar outbursts by Kate. Please read through them carefully.

Logs: Here's a link to the message at the start of the most recent incident (11/13/2020, 7:45 PM to 8:10 PM EST):

Here's a screenshot of the ultimate culmination of that same incident:

[Image: Screenshot_20201113-223223_Discord.jpg]

Here are some links to messages at the beginning of other incidents. Some of the incidents are quite long and/or ramp up slowly, so be prepared to scroll for a while:

Additional Incident One: 10/16/2020, 10:17 PM to 10:18 PM EST
Context: I had started a conversation about my dad's memory loss and health issues, but I was getting uncomfortable so I asked the channel to move on from the topic. Bill responded "agreedo, i literally come to ss13 to just make dank memes and not talk about IRL stuff", and then Kate replied as seen in the link below:
Link: Screenshot:
[Image: Screenshot_20201124-135443_Discord.jpg]

Additional Incident Two: 11/08/2020, 7:18 PM to 8:23 PM EST
Link: Screenshots:
[Image: Screenshot_20201124-135815_Discord.jpg] [Image: Screenshot_20201124-135848_Discord.jpg] [Image: Screenshot_20201124-135937_Discord.jpg]

Additional Incident Three: 11/08/2020, 9:45 PM to 10:26 PM EST
(this one is pretty long and rambling, the link starts at the very beginning, but the screenshot just captures the highlight)
Link: Screenshot:
[Image: Screenshot_20201124-135144_Discord.jpg]

Extra information: I wish I had made this thread sooner, but I was too busy helping my mom recover from surgery. Now that she finally had her picc line removed yesterday, I don't really have any excuses to keep putting this off.

For my closing thoughts, I'll just post this screenshot of what I wrote about an hour after the end of the November 13th event.

Screenshot:
[Image: Screenshot_20201124-150206_Discord.jpg]
Well its best to just say it outright, you're right. I'm ashamed of how I acted and treated you and very many people in this community. Not only in the provided logs but for a good couple years now and to many more than you. This isn't the first time I've acted like this, it's a problem. You've shown me manifold kindness and unending patience. I understand that even such a post cereal box top tin star level of authority as an admin on the clown boat is still a weird social phenomenon; it was given to me in trust and, well, I didn't exactly reward that trust here. But forget all that. I am sorry to you on a personal level as well. I consider you a friend of mine and there is nothing but regret about this I feel right now. I apologize and hope you and anyone reading this can believe me when I say I'll do my best to be more compassionate, and less furyblinded.

TL;DR

I'm sorry, you're my friend, I shouldn't talk to you like that. I'll try to be better.
(11-25-2020, 04:20 AM)Dions Wrote: Well its best to just say it outright, you're right. I'm ashamed of how I acted and treated you and very many people in this community. Not only in the provided logs but for a good couple years now and to many more than you. This isn't the first time I've acted like this, it's a problem. You've shown me manifold kindness and unending patience. I understand that even such a post cereal box top tin star level of authority as an admin on the clown boat is still a weird social phenomenon; it was given to me in trust and, well, I didn't exactly reward that trust here. But forget all that. I am sorry to you on a personal level as well. I consider you a friend of mine and there is nothing but regret about this I feel right now. I apologize and hope you and anyone reading this can believe me when I say I'll do my best to be more compassionate, and less furyblinded.

TL;DR

I'm sorry, you're my friend, I shouldn't talk to you like that. I'll try to be better.

I wish you the best of luck with making good on those assurances.

Thank you.