HoS/NTSO Application
Brick 
Usual character name: Bruce Allen McAfee
BYOND username: Mystic_Midgit
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Mystic Midgit
Recommended by (if applicable): Ummmmm
Goon servers you play: Main

Reason for application: Security is generally my main pick and while it sure as been one hell of a ride there has always been lack of commanding officers, even now a days it seems like a coin clip if there will a leader of security or we'll be left to fend for ourselves, and if given the chance I hope to fix that. I also like the cool NTSO suit.

Security experience (300 word minimum): Security is has been my go to job from pretty much day one and while I have branched out into doctor, cargo, bartending, etc, security has always been most up my ally then most. Taking on bad guys and being the closest (And possibility worst) thing to a hero of the station just clicked with me, however sec is far more then beat the badguy, day is saved, hooray, it's a whole lot more then that. Now don't get me wrong, sec has it's boring rounds, bad rounds, and chill rounds, like any other job really. Sec just happens to be the job branch that absolutely no one trusts and if given the slightest reason people may just rebel against you cause you arrested the clown, thankfully I've learned that just acting like a decent human being is a good work around that mistrust.

One of my favorite things about security is that once you really get into it, you can never stop improving, every round is different as the antags will (almost) always change as well as the people on your security team, and it's up to you and your team (Or just you if it's early in the day and no one picked sec) to learn what your dealing with and how to counter act that. 

Now some times however your greatest enemy won't be the antagonists but the crew you've sworn to protect, Did the clown lube the main hallway? Did the mime build a table in front of the office to keep you trapped inside said office? Is the research director using his new artifact to make forcefields cutting you off from where you need to go? It's actions like these that make it hard to for officers to find out who the true antag is and more often then not it's stuff like this that are just the other players way of having fun, who knows? You don't, you just need to do your job and see that they don't truly hurt the station, be it through a stern talking to or a 30 second time out through 2 taps of the stun baton. Just keep a calm head about everything you do, don't kill unless you have permission and a REALLY good reason too, and you'll make it on that shuttle! Or you spawn right next to the ling on the back ass end of the station, get stung and die, the end!

As I mentioned earlier the crew will sometimes be a cause of problems for you, and such crew members will be sometimes be higher in the chain of command then you, and that's one of the reasons I really want to be HoS/NTSO, if a crew member is in a position of power they won't take you seriously and just shrug you off, and some times you have to take that as there is sometimes no HoS, and I help other sec officers overcome such problems and many others as an HoS.

What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one): This past month has been really fun for me as sec, even gave me a new favorite moment! It was normal day in cogmag 1, I had just finished setting up the sec pods with locks and other stuff from the pod hanger and I was patrolling around EVA, when suddenly I hear a little scream over the radio, "NUKIES AT CARGO!". With this I yelled over the radio to open the armory and rushed back to the office. By the time I got there the armory was already open and the captain and many others were getting geared up, then I noticed the Scout Laser Mk2 and had an idea. I geared up in riot armor, grabbed the laser thingy and ran over to my pod, after setting it up and locking the door I opened a wormhole to cargo. Once I was over there I remotely opened the cargo podbay and lo and behold, there were nukies! And then I started BLASTIN! One nukie noticed I was shooting at them with very lethal firepower so he hopped into a pod that I have already done a fair amount of damage too and flew out of the podbay to duke it out with me. After a heated firefight I managed to destroy his pod and followed him out to space a bit to shoot him a few times and then once I found a good angle, rammed him into the infinite void. After doing a confirmed take down of one nukie I turned around and headed back to the cargo hanger, then I found myself asking the question, "Is that the nuke?". Yep, the pod the nukie picked to fight me with was also the one holding the nuke. So I just said "Fuck it" and spent a good 15 seconds shooting it with my lasers. I managed to hurt it quite a bit before it was teleported back inside the station, where I don't know but it was most likely in front of one of my fellow crew mates (I think the bartender but not to sure) who spend the next 5 seconds breaking it, thus winning us the round. And thats the story of how I (Almost) single handily saved the station!

What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?: Add a ship part manufacturer for all sec offices, it may sound a little lazy but it feels really out of the way to always go down to the main hanger just to make some ship locks. I know it may sound lazy but thats the biggest improvement I can think of

What advice would you give to other sec players?: One thing I don't see many sec players at all do is pod stuff, so I'd suggest you learn how to maintain and fly a pod around. A lot of antags don't expect sec to be flying around the corner of the armory as they break into it through space, so why don't you give them a surprise! The moments where you really need your pods may be few and far between, but when they happen, they are fucking intense! Some of my favorite sec moments came from pod-dog fighting so I suggest sec players to go out there and fly and just enjoy yourself! When the station doesn't need you that is.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?: Not sure if this is a gimmick and more of a strategy/social experiment, but here we go! For a nukie round on dount 3 (Or any other map with the self destruct nuke in the armory) I want to wait just tell the very moment that the nukies arm the nuke, then arm OUR nuke. It's the ULTMATE "NO YOU"!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): No bans

Thank you all for coming to my TED talk!
Sorry for not adding this anywhere but this is my 2ND application for HoS, my first was in October.
Yeah, Bruce is an amazing officer. On the rare occasion I ever play HoS on main, when I see Bruce I always breathe a sigh of relief. He's trustworthy, and I feel like I can always rely on him to have my back. Never seen him be a shit, even when being ganked by two tiders with security gear he kept his head, definite HoS material. +1
I supported his last application, full disclosure.
I support this one as well.

Frequent SEC with Bruce McAffee.
He has discontinued what may have been viewed as "power gaming" practices, namely ordering or obtaining non-standard weaponry and gear from Cargo or elsewhere. At least I haven't noticed, unlike before when It was frequent and nearly every round.

Haven't seen nor heard him snapping at other SEC nor myself.
(Even if he did, it may be viewed with humor coming from an HoS.)

Seems to have discontinued what I personally viewed as unfair sentencing, more appropriate sentencing is being delivered.

Shows up way more in SEC, often with handcuffed criminals in tow.
I haven't noticed any unfair or harsh treatment to the prisoners.
No teasing, stripping naked or unnecessary conduct on his part.

From his last application, he's only improved in combating Criminals and Antags.
From robustness to seeking out and pacification, he has continually improved in this regard.

He checks in on the radio much more often.
And at times has shown eadership among SEC.
The only thing I'll suggest, Bruce, is that you involve yourself with prisoner sentencing more.
Ensure SEC is not abusing them, their sentencing is fair, adherence to space law is being conducted.

From the Application,
"It's actions like these that make it hard to for officers to find out who the true antag is and more often then not it's stuff like this that are just the other players way of having fun, who knows? You don't, you just need to do your job and see that they don't truly hurt the station..."
Speaks volumes of experience. I hope others can feel the same. +1.

also arming our nuke is funny as shit, we can race to 0.
Whenever I am on, you are always robusting crimers, but you always do it right. You take their contraband, but you dont bully, and ruin their rounds. You also don’t  have crazy long sentencing times like most people. You communicate well. Your everything security should be.  My only complaint is that you haven’t posted this application sooner. +1

PS. Ill beat you in a 1v1 one day! 

^unlikely, I know, but one can hope!
Whenever I report antag activity over the radio, or any incident, Bruce is usually the first secoff to respond. Whenever I witness Bruce dealing with griefing staffies, he never ever loses his temper. Whenever I interact with him personally, he's always polite and overall fun to interact with. I'm always happy to see him ingame because that always means there is at least one competent secoff on the station.

+1 from me
I think they're ready to put on the big boy boots and the silly hat, +1
(11-24-2020, 03:53 PM)RichardGere Wrote: I think they're ready to put on the big boy boots and the silly hat, +1

I don't know if I should be proud or terrified that you think I'm ready for HoS
i think you’ve improved a lot since your last app, you’d be a good hos. +1
For the time, im gonna have to minus one this app, during the round, i spawned as a gang leader, and placed my locker down, then i started getting attacked by a person in a rival gang, after running out next to sec, you stunned both of us and arrested the attacker, then, all i did was slam them onto a glass table, not breaking it. I was stunned by another officer who then permabrigged me, so i start smashing down the glass, then you, without asking me why, run in and taze me. Before you can batton me, i knock it out of your hands and grab it myself, at which point a NTSO shoots us both with sleeping darts, i stun you and the NTSO, and start smashing you against doors to make my way out of sec. I get caught after i make out of sec and while im being dragged over to get borged(For defending myself and escaping a permabrig), the two officers get run over by a clown car and get picked up, i then escape, and run off to remove my cuffs. We dont meet again for a while, but i see you again at cargo, at which point you completly ignore the person who just spaced a person, and instead attempt to stun me. I run off into techstorage at which point, the ai opens the door, and you shoot me dead with phasers, for in total, Defending myself, Escaping a permabrig, and stealing your batton. That doesnt really strike me as HOS material for the time being, as you shouldnt be letting people get permabrigged regardless of antag status

Id also like to add, that round you beat the clown into red health just for stealing the siren hat
(11-27-2020, 09:13 AM)Boxta Wrote: For the time, im gonna have to minus one this app, during the round, i spawned as a gang leader, and placed my locker down, then i started getting attacked by a person in a rival gang, after running out next to sec, you stunned both of us and arrested the attacker, then, all i did was slam them onto a glass table, not breaking it. I was stunned by another officer who then permabrigged me, so i start smashing down the glass, then you, without asking me why, run in and taze me. Before you can batton me, i knock it out of your hands and grab it myself, at which point a NTSO shoots us both with sleeping darts, i stun you and the NTSO, and start smashing you against doors to make my way out of sec. I get caught after i make out of sec and while im being dragged over to get borged(For defending myself and escaping a permabrig), the two officers get run over by a clown car and get picked up, i then escape, and run off to remove my cuffs. We dont meet again for a while, but i see you again at cargo, at which point you completly ignore the person who just spaced a person, and instead attempt to stun me. I run off into techstorage at which point, the ai opens the door, and you shoot me dead with phasers, for in total, Defending myself, Escaping a permabrig, and stealing your batton. That doesnt really strike me as HOS material for the time being, as you shouldnt be letting people get permabrigged regardless of antag status

Id also like to add, that round you beat the clown into red health just for stealing the siren hat

Box while I will admit that I did kill you theres more to it then that. First off I had no clue about your sentencing or your perma brig tell I saw you trying to break out, all I really did was suggest we borg you so you keep playing but were no longer a threat to us or others. Once the nukies (Clownies?) showed up I figured I needed my baton and whent to go find it, upon finding you I never saw anyone being spaced but I saw the person with my main weapon. And once I had you cornered you I asked for the baton stating I needed it for the nukies and once you refused to give me stating I had to kill someone else for it I just decided to use the phasers I had for the nukies on you instead. While it was not perfect it was the best outcome I could think of when dealing with effectively double the antags then your usual game. I never arrested you or a gangster infront of sec and I didn't just open the door and shoot you dead, I gave you a chance to give me my baton back and when you effectively refused I reacted  with force. I'm  sorry for how it turned out but there were much bigger problems that needed my attention and I felt that it was best if I face said problems as well equipped as I could be, didn't matter in the end but thats a different story

(11-27-2020, 09:42 AM)Mysticmidgit Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 09:13 AM)Boxta Wrote: For the time, im gonna have to minus one this app, during the round, i spawned as a gang leader, and placed my locker down, then i started getting attacked by a person in a rival gang, after running out next to sec, you stunned both of us and arrested the attacker, then, all i did was slam them onto a glass table, not breaking it. I was stunned by another officer who then permabrigged me, so i start smashing down the glass, then you, without asking me why, run in and taze me. Before you can batton me, i knock it out of your hands and grab it myself, at which point a NTSO shoots us both with sleeping darts, i stun you and the NTSO, and start smashing you against doors to make my way out of sec. I get caught after i make out of sec and while im being dragged over to get borged(For defending myself and escaping a permabrig), the two officers get run over by a clown car and get picked up, i then escape, and run off to remove my cuffs. We dont meet again for a while, but i see you again at cargo, at which point you completly ignore the person who just spaced a person, and instead attempt to stun me. I run off into techstorage at which point, the ai opens the door, and you shoot me dead with phasers, for in total, Defending myself, Escaping a permabrig, and stealing your batton. That doesnt really strike me as HOS material for the time being, as you shouldnt be letting people get permabrigged regardless of antag status

Box while I will admit that I did kill you theres more to it then that. First off I had no clue about your sentencing or your perma brig tell I saw you trying to break out, all I really did was suggest we borg you so you keep playing but were no longer a threat to us or others. Once the nukies (Clownies?) showed up I figured I needed my baton and whent to go find it, upon finding you I never saw anyone being spaced but I saw the person with my main weapon. And once I had you cornered you I asked for the baton stating I needed it for the nukies and once you refused to give me stating I had to kill someone else for it I just decided to use the phasers I had for the nukies on you instead. While it was not perfect it was the best outcome I could think of when dealing with effectively double the antags then your usual game. I never arrested you or a gangster infront of sec and I didn't just open the door and shoot you dead, I gave you a chance to give me my baton back and when you effectively refused I reacted  with force. I'm  sorry for how it turned out but there were much bigger problems that needed my attention and I felt that it was best if I face said problems as well equipped as I could be, didn't matter in the end but thats a different story

Also for the clown, as it was gangs I didn't know who for sure was an antag and he kept walking into sec and I wanted to be safe then sorry, after he kept doing it without so much as a fucking word I figured it was best to get my point across via a glass table, which I healed

Also for the clown, as it was gangs I didn't know who for sure was an antag and he kept walking into sec and I wanted to be safe then sorry, after he kept doing it without so much as a fucking word I figured it was best to get my point across via a glass table, which I healed

1: I said the name of the person who just spaced a person, Shin Zan
2: The person was a rival gang leader and was likely already dead
3: You shouldnt be really using lethal force on anyone unless they are going on a murder rampage, whivch i didnt
Bruce is a decent all round sec officer and a good mediator. In situations where other sec officers act less than ideal hes always pretty balanced and hears out both sides.

Hes one of those sec officers you feel bad for when you help mob them during rev rounds.

+1 from me.
+1 from me. I've been watching him quite a bit lately and he makes a great effort to do things the right way.
From what I've seen of them they're an all around good security guard and I think they'd make for a good HoS +1