Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Engineer Borg Suggestions
I was bored in a round this morning and decided to reinforce the floors and walls on the station. After changing the lights to red at the end it was looking like a bonafide syndi battle cruiser, but it took forever to finish anything though because I had to crowbar each individual tile as a borg and then collect them all up afterwards so it didn't look like ass.

It gave me some ideas for quality of life changes to give Engineer Borgs:

+ Keep the interaction of crowbarring and using rods to reinforce floors, but separate the Floor and Wall settings on the Engiborg RCD and allow the Floor side to reinforce floors the same way you reinforce walls.

+ It would also be nice to be able to use the RCD to put tiles on untiled areas in general instead of only on space tiles.

+ The ability for borgs to also install lights on walls or floors would be wonderful. Sometimes disaster areas lose lights in critical areas and relying on finding helpful crewmembers to install the lights you made is frustrating.

+ Not a necessary addition by any means, but having the floor and wall planner would also be fun for decorating purpose. I like to decorate or redesign the station, but I would rather do it as a borg instead of as a person.

+ Whenever I redecorate, I sometimes replace windows with walls to achieve a specific look. Is there a way we could use the wall planner to fully convert a window into a wall tile without having to decon and place one? It would make replacing windows adjacent to space tiles so much easier.

+ A fashionable tool belt that sits in the torso slot to make us look more professional, very important stuff. Could put it in the same place as the Medical Insignia in the charging dock.
I like all of this, do it please tech nerds
My biggest issue is the RCD not having the RCDD's airlock features. Only being able to make vertical, ugly airlocks with no access is horrific, I'd rather not have an airlock feature at all on the RCD over the current implementation. Just port the RCDD's airlock feature to the RCD, or at least the Cyborg RCD only.
Shouldn't most of this stuff be only for engineers to avoid the nullifaction of them as a whole? I feel like engineer borgs are supposed to more of a assisting role while the engineers still do the heavy lifting rather than a full on replacement for them in every way (unless it's oshan or manta/donut)

Wow I'm dumb and thought this was newer than it actually is
I feel like engineer borgs are more like mechanics than engineers; we mostly just go and fix things or build stuff for fun while the real engineers keep the engine running. Lots of decorating as well.

A lot of these suggestions we can already do, it just takes an extra action or two to do it. Like, we can reinforce walls with one RCD click, but reinforcing floors means removing a tile, finding steel rods to use on it, then getting rid of the loose tile if you're a nice person. It's those weird comparisons that I wanna get rid of because it feels needless to have to do these extra things when the RCD already does this exact process but for something else. I think the only reason we can't reinforce floors is because it's tied to making walls as well; If a wall can be there, it chooses to make that instead of reinforcing the floors. We can't use that particular setting to add tiles or reinforce tiles and have to do more scrolling and item swapping to achieve this.
I would love for some method for Drones and borgs to be able to quickly scoop up all the floor tiles they replace. Maybe an option to store as you lift instead of just ripping out?
can't engiborgs already make lights with the RCD "create lighting" setting, and replace existing lights with the lightbulb manufacturer?

the rest of those ideas are "hell yes", i love them as someone who likes playing engiborg
also the rcdd access feature would be nice, i'd love to be able to make custom doors as an engiborg
They can make lights now, yes. I made this way back when before they could. I fucking love that they added it, I used to have to beg people to put in lights in areas I fixed.