Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[IDEA] More Attack Spells for the Wizard!
As it stands, the Wizard has three spells to choose from if they want to outright murder people ~magically~: The Staff of Cthulthu, Empower (usually taken together), and Fireball. If a Wizard wants to fight, they have to raid the armory or use whatever detritus they find lying around the station.

What the heck's up with that?

If anything, the Wizard OUGHT to get an enchantment that allows them to throw lightning bolts ala the Power Gloves, though without wiring restrictions and engine output. I remember seeing a spell that was being tested that allowed a Wizard to throw a field generator beam out in front of 'em, but that was once and I'm not sure if that ever made it.

I want to use my arcane mastery to take on the station, not use their stuff!
also shocking grasp and rathen's secret now that it blows people limbs off, too

and actually those are all basically the most boring spells, and any other magic murder spells would be, too

How about some kind of mind control spell that mindslaves someone for a few minutes with a really long cooldown, or a Plague staff that infects anyone you hit with some kind of horrible disease, or a Living Bomb spell that basically just sticks like 10 microbomb implants in the target
Dauntasa Wrote:...or a Living Bomb spell that basically just sticks like 10 microbomb implants in the target

Let this be paired with Cluwne and have no message, so people unwittingly beat a bomb cluwne to death and die in the process.
YES. Honestly, I was looking at the spellbook yesterday and I was like "bummer, now I either take EI NATH or fireball". We seriously need more attack spells for the wizard.
I wish shocking hands would leave a charred skeleton to raise, or, at the very least, a pair of boots with smoke trailing out of them.
Summon killer rabbit (Requires you to hold a hat in your hand but the bartender's tophats work the best.)

A spell that works just like the chameleon projector

A spell that turns people into toads. Then you can use a beaker on the toad's back and get a new drug to make golems with!

Steal soul: does no damage but prevents the victim from being cloned later. You must keep the victim in range for the duration of the the spell and it doesn't work if the victim is wearing sunglasses, thermals, or has his eyes closed. You can also return souls to victims so try holding their souls for ransom!

Bind: This is a single use spell and you can only bind to one victim. If you take damage, he takes damage. If he gets healed, you get healed. If he dies, you get gibbed! You have to be able to see each other for the bind to work.
Lightning bolt: fire a 1 tile wide bolt of lightning that shocks the heck out of anyone in the path

Grease: Makes a 3x3 area in front of you slippery with grease, anyone who falls in it is extra flammable for a while

Summon Monster: Summons a random critter to fight for you, from a mundane space mouse to a scary lion

Explosive rune: places a rune on the ground that explodes if anyone steps on it
I'm all for this, if only because it means wizards won't rely on tasers and guns.

Also, I would suggest a force choke type spell, which has the same effect as stunning and then choking someone as with Tk, so the target can be choked to death at a distance as long as the wizard is not interrupted or his target is not pulled from his grasp.
Correction,
Wydamn Wrote:won't rely on tasers and guns as much.
Nubcake Wrote:Explosive rune: places a rune on the ground that explodes if anyone steps on it

to be more appropriate, if should be if anyone examines it to read it. It should look exactly like the I-Pen red squiggles.
Alternatively, if we let people write on walls with pens ever, it should look like that
Buff: Doubles the brute damage you deal with any object/your fists. Does not affect projectiles.
Electrical Manipulation: Basically Power Gloves with a cooldown.
Conjuring: Randomly spawns anything. From a floor tile to an Omega Drone. No mobs spawned will have any loyalty to you. 3 uses and long cooldown.
Wydamn Wrote:target can be choked to death at a distance as long as the wizard is not interrupted or his target is not pulled from his grasp.

"You have failed me for the last time!"
"Lord Vader n-no! aarhhkkkchhhh...."
I think it would be kind of cool if wizard could spawn one of those monster spewing portals.

Maybe the spell would have a high cooldown and the portal would be short lived, but it would spawn maybe a few killer tomatos, a wasp or two, maybe an occasional zombie or man eating plant (these two would probably the rarest to spawn)

something to fill the hallways with stuff to distract the crew.
atomic1fire Wrote:I think it would be kind of cool if wizard could spawn one of those monster spewing portals.

Maybe the spell would have a high cooldown and the portal would be short lived, but it would spawn maybe a few killer tomatos, a wasp or two, maybe an occasional zombie or man eating plant (these two would probably the rarest to spawn)

something to fill the hallways with stuff to distract the crew.
My God, if they ignore the wizard...and he just...filled a bathroom with them by using a lot of uses of that...Oh God...