Mentor Application - Bartimeus973
If you asked me who I think of when I think of a captain, its always Bartimeus, they are a consistently competent and confident captain, that understands the game and how it works. They're on plenty and not once have I heard them say "I don't know" to being presented to a situation. It can honestly be a bit intimidating with how knowledgeable their character always is, but it perfectly fits their captain's archetype. 100% recommend to being a mentor, they specifically told me not to hold back on the bad parts but, being totally honest, there isn't a single negative I could think about them, even after reading others comments, its not a single thing Ive ever observed.
I've seen some cool stuff from Bartimeus since I last posted here, namely fun stories for in-round things like dinner dates with antags that led to good RP moments. I've also noticed good interactions with the rest of the crew as a captain and more conscientiousness about AI laws. Bartimeus continues to also be a fun and innovating antag.

They also joined the Discord and have been active in answering questions there, which was never something I thought lacking, but having them able to dispense knowledge there is a huge boon!

I'm happy to move my recommendation to +1.
I have a hard time with bartimeus. At the same time they have lots of knowledge and probably help people, but they also like to use that knowledge and absolutely powergame on everyone with it as antag. Sure they respect their antag status and dont use it when not antag, but thinking that "frustrating security" is a fun objective? Maybe its fun for you, but its called frustrating for a reason, its not fun for security. And security having to go as far as executing you to actually make you stop? That sucks, since your end goal isnt to execute as security, especially on RP where everyone would rather let you deal with situations with words and converstations. Social interaction is what thrives on the RP server and every time they're antag they seem to forget that entirely.

I'm sorry, not a recommendation for me, you may know a lot of stuff and you may be helpful to people. But i almost never have fun seeing you as an antag and i can see the rest of the crew suffers with it too.
That's fair criticism. I tried to follow the 'Mess with the police' and 'Die gloriously' objective but ended up just making security's life too rough, ill admit it. I will never do the 'Die gloriously' objective again as it has pushed me to act in obnoxious and unfun plays such that executing me was the only option for sec to deal with. It might not mean alot but i apologize if i made the shift where i did this objective unfun. I will be working on improving my behavior regarding the way i treat certain objectives.
+1 Bartimeus973 knows their stuff. I haven't had a ton of experience with them due to the respective departments we play. However, when I have seen them I've noticed they know how to give others advice without overstepping their role or speaking OOC. They do this through a competent use of in-character lines and actions to point others in the general direction of improving their play.
After some deliberation, we've decided to deny this app. Feel free to reapply again in 60 days from today.