Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] Adds the taser rifle, replaces taser shotgun in Sec Control loadout
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

About the PR
Adds a taser rifle. Has 2 modes, a 3 shot burst and single shot.
Replaces the taser shotgun in the Sec Control loadout

Why's this needed?
Taser shotgun is kinda of meh. The spread is extremely niche, since the occasion of having to use it against multiple targets is pretty rare and successfully hitting those shots isn't that easy.

The general design of the taser rifle is to -

1. offer a stronger, more aggresive taser option at the cost of a limited number of shots (about 5 bursts will drain it completely) and it being 2 handed, meaning you're limited to just the rifle until you put it away. The cell can't be replaced, so once the taser is drained, you need to go recharge it.

2. The single shot option is still there, however its weaker than a regular taser shot and costs about the same as the burst, meaning that when you're using it, its go big or go home.

3. Provide better crowd control compared to the taser shotgun due to the direct, concentrated fire.

Changelog
Code:
(u)Carbadox & Gannets
(*)Added the taser rifle, a new weapon to replace the taser shotgun in the Security Control loadout belt.
(+)The taser rifle has 2 modes, burst and single shot. It's two handed and it's cell can not be replaced.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Oooh yeah yeah yeah this is cool merge it but mabey move the shotgun to a Qm crate or armory?
I'd make the single shot more useful or simply outright remove it. How about either lowering the cost of a single shot to half of the cost of a burst or if you wanna get fancy, perhaps have it shoot one larger slower projectile that does the effect of all 3 shots? Otherwise I like this idea 100%
Maybe consider renaming some of the loadouts if you do this, because the rifle sounds more like it'd be for offense than the wavegun is.
The main reason I'd always pick the shotaser (ew, never calling it that again) was that I could fire it all day without needing to recharge it, and that I didn't really need to aim it. Also that it made it harder for murderers to use it against me since they're usually holding (stabbing me with) something.

This seems like it'd just be a normal taser, but bigger and with a somewhat larger cell. Keep in mind, normal taser shots are still pretty effective, especially when burst-fired, and it allows you to use a baton without messing with your inventory.

I'd rather prefer something like this to be better at longevity, able to fire a lot more shots than a normal taser before needing to recharge. Even if it means that those shots are less effective, since the debuffs from just about any taser shot are enough to give the shooter a noticeable advantage.
Instead of removing shotguns just add another gun rack with these taser rifles. Though I coulda swore we already have taser rifles in the armory?
Oh wait this was about the loadout and not the armory. Well I dont even use the control load out because compared to the normal taser the taser shotgun is kinda lacking.
I actually like the taser shotgun. If there's anything about the control loadout I'd change it would be less riot grenades.

I'd rather have the rifle as either part of a new loadout, in a which I agree it's single shot should be better (maybe give it an AOE?) and it's longevity stretched out.

Alternatively, have it be equivalent to a standard taser but just two handed, and have them on rack in the equipment room.
We should have tasers for all situations, Normal tazer is medium power, meidum range, shotgun is close range, high power, rifle is high range, high power, slow fire
The term rifle brings to mind a sniper rifle generally, so have it have a larger power cell(10-20 shots?), and have it higher range, along with a scope for seeing off the edge, much like the nukie sniper, but have it slow firing aswell. Id love to see a taser sniper rifle, for providing support with other officers, when attacking nukies or similar
AWP duels in the hallway
(11-20-2020, 08:23 PM)Boxta Wrote: The term rifle brings to mind a sniper rifle generally, so have it have a larger power cell(10-20 shots?), and have it higher range, along with a scope for seeing off the edge, much like the nukie sniper, but have it slow firing aswell. Id love to see a taser sniper rifle, for providing support with other officers, when attacking nukies or similar

The full name was supposed to be taser assault rifle but I'll rename it to make that more obvious.

Removing the taser shotgun entirely might have been a bit of a biased move on my part. I'll revert that change and make a new loadout instead.
I've put the taser shotgun back into the control loadout. But I've also renamed the waveguns loadout from offense to utility and made a new loadout for the taser rifle (rifle, 3 flashbangs and a baton)

Also bumped up the cell from 200 to 300 per Superlaggs suggestion (if I understood it correctly)

(11-20-2020, 10:53 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: I'd make the single shot more useful or simply outright remove it. How about either lowering the cost of a single shot to half of the cost of a burst or if you wanna get fancy, perhaps have it shoot one larger slower projectile that does the effect of all 3 shots? Otherwise I like this idea 100%

The taser single shot power value is 15, the rifles single shot is 13. It's weaker but not considerably.
Yeah, you have to speicify between Assault (Rifle), and a Sniper (rifle), Either way, having the cell bigger would make it feel more like a clip, that rifles have. Most rifles have single shot firemode, so it does make sense to have the single shot at the lower power, whereas the 3 round burst would be a bit stronger than a normal single shot per shot
(11-20-2020, 08:23 PM)Boxta Wrote: We should have tasers for all situations, Normal tazer is medium power, meidum range, shotgun is close range, high power, rifle is high range, high power, slow fire
The term rifle brings to mind a sniper rifle generally, so have it have a larger power cell(10-20 shots?), and have it higher range, along with a scope for seeing off the edge, much like the nukie sniper, but have it slow firing aswell. Id love to see a taser sniper rifle, for providing support with other officers, when attacking nukies or similar

How about splitting the difference and making single shots long range and the burst fire shorter

Kinda a taser carbine
(11-21-2020, 08:09 AM)Boxta Wrote: Either way, having the cell bigger would make it feel more like a clip, that rifles have.

As a part-time gun nerd, this hurts my soul ;-;
Its the closest comparision, bigger cells = more pew pews which is the exact purpose of having a clip