Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shambling abom's scream
Ugh. They are both good ideas.

Given how abominations will either fall to a guy with a taser that doesn't get screamed down, or some borg who will get a knockdown every other hand to hand hit with their rcd.

Fighing an abomination would be better as a group effort; pulling downed people out before they can be devoured, and trying to inflict enough brute damage to take the thing down. Rather than a single taser shot sending the abomination on the way to its grave.
Daeren Wrote:If anything shambling abominations are anemic and easily murdered for how flagrantly obvious they are, especially when stacked up against a rampaging vampire who is also invisible, can spawn minions, has several stunlock powers, etc etc nerf vampires

My Suggestions:

Scream auto-disarms everybody in range and has a small-decent chance to stun. Still incapacitates people and makes it more difficult to attack the changeling without the stupid coin-flip stun that either means the changeling has no issues or is murdered immediately. Fluff it as being so spooked that you can't stop your hands from shaking and you sometimes seize up with fear.

Axe Stun Resist and give abominations straight up stun/knockdown/shoving immunity, it's fucking dumb and allows people to still stunlock you because you still get knocked over and get up from the stun resist and then get knocked over again etc etc etc it's a DNA sink that doesn't even solve the problem it's made for.

There. Abominations are actually frightening in crowd combat again, but can still be killed by an angry mob with lasers and blunt objects so long as they're willing to accept that more than a few of them will probably die or be horribly mauled.

Feel free to criticise my probably terrible ideas v

I think this is a good idea.
Really once a changeling goes into the Shambling Abomination mode it takes a huge gamble: Either it can destroy everyone in proximity quickly, or half the station will descend on it and take it out before it has time to pull itself together and either escape the area or prepare for the next fight. More power to the changelings that have played well enough to amass that amount of DNA I say.
Daeren Wrote:If anything shambling abominations are anemic and easily murdered for how flagrantly obvious they are, especially when stacked up against a rampaging vampire who is also invisible, can spawn minions, has several stunlock powers, etc etc nerf vampires

My Suggestions:

Scream auto-disarms everybody in range and has a small-decent chance to stun. Still incapacitates people and makes it more difficult to attack the changeling without the stupid coin-flip stun that either means the changeling has no issues or is murdered immediately. Fluff it as being so spooked that you can't stop your hands from shaking and you sometimes seize up with fear.

Axe Stun Resist and give abominations straight up stun/knockdown/shoving immunity, it's fucking dumb and allows people to still stunlock you because you still get knocked over and get up from the stun resist and then get knocked over again etc etc etc it's a DNA sink that doesn't even solve the problem it's made for.

There. Abominations are actually frightening in crowd combat again, but can still be killed by an angry mob with lasers and blunt objects so long as they're willing to accept that more than a few of them will probably die or be horribly mauled.

Feel free to criticise my probably terrible ideas v

I think this is a good idea.
Really once a changeling goes into the Shambling Abomination mode it takes a huge gamble: Either it can destroy everyone in proximity quickly, or half the station will descend on it and take it out before it has time to pull itself together and either escape the area or prepare for the next fight. More power to the changelings that have played well enough to amass that amount of DNA I say. Even with this addition, they'd still be highly vulnerable to AI intervention and laser weapons.