Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] Screamfart volume channel + volume QoL
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[qol] [input wanted] [cleanliness]
About the PR
Adds a new volume channel - screamfart. This channel contains most screams and farts which are known to annoy a lot of users, now you can change volume of these sounds separately.
Also reorganizes volume settings, now they are all in the audio tab:
![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.co...ed3320.png)

Why's this needed?
A fair share of players find scream and fart sounds annoying, especially if they happen constantly (and I don't blame them). Allowing for separate adjustment of their volume should help.

Changelog
Code:
(u)pali
(*)You can now adjust volume of screams and farts in the audio tab in the top bar.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
A suggestion has been made on the PR to give screams and farts overhead floating chat text (some emotes like wave and salute currently have that). How would you all feel about that?
So long as the sounds are still there with the overhead text I'd be happy with that.
Neat. I always wanted to turn down farts a little.
wow I'd love this.
This PR is goon heresy.
After internal feedback changed to instead encompass all emote sounds with the exception of *gasp and *deathgasp. Please provide feedback.
(11-20-2020, 05:21 AM)Mrfishstick Wrote: This PR is goon heresy.

It is indeed. Still like it though.
(11-20-2020, 05:21 AM)Mrfishstick Wrote: This PR is goon heresy.

Tradition is the enemy of progress.
I do also kinda think it should be it's own thing as opposed to all emote sounds, but I also see the benefit of having one for all emote sounds.
Merge conflict that was preventing this from being implemented was cleared, so this is in the game now. As pali as emphasized, this setting changes all emote sounds--farts, screams, primarily, but also burps and stuff. The main exceptions: gasps and death gasps.

As usual, make a thread if you have any feedback and don't be afraid to report any bugs.