Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Girlfriend Mode
Heart 
This is a suggestion from my partner that I'm going to call "Girlfriend Mode"

She absolutely hates the in game sound of farts and screams, and wanted to know if I could mute them.

I figured, she's probably not the only one, and thought a player activated toggle that selectively mutes or replaces certain sound effects with others would be a good idea.

Also the name is a joke and probably shouldn't be the final version if this is something people would like
Nah nah keep the name but yeah this would be nice
I know such an option used to exist. No clue what happened to it
Dectalk "FART" or "SCREAM" instead.
Yeah what mordent said. Just have it be a toggle that switches farting and screaming to robot saying FART and SCREAM. Also BURP.
Add waifu mode

Also the image i'm getting in my head of Frank's GF at 4 in the morning with two pillows over her ears meanwhile in SS13, Franks character is slipping and sliding at Medbay in a puddle of syptic acid for the thousandth time is just too funny.
I suggested making a separate sound channel for screams and farts (possible all emotes) but back then developers disliked that idea. I might propose it again.
[Image: blyqUoq.png]

all in good fun ;P
I made a PR: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/2747
Relevant discussion thread to the PR: https://ss13.co/t/15422
I'm not sure how I feel about having ss13 as my girlfriend...
Honestly, I thought of a skill tree from an FPS, I think it's Borderlands, that a dev called "Girlfriend Mode" because it makes the game easy in the beginning but makes you viable but comparatively weak towards the end.

Anyways, the above PR pali showed was merged, so not only can Frank Stein's girlfriend (and you too!) now mute farts but also tone down their volume if she just wants them a little soft. Moving this to Good ideas subforum then.