Drewmajor11/Xavier Mcmullen HoS app 2
(Some of this is fully rewritten some is just minorly edited or left from my last application, the main parts are fully rewritten.

Usual character name: Xavier Mcmullen, Myth Mcmullen(Civ character)
BYOND username: Drewmajor11
Discord username (if you are on our discord):  ReaperofNight#3116
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A(I had a few HoS +1 on my last app but I don't think that counts.)
Goon servers you play:RP1

Reason for application:

I've been playing security for a good amount of time now and while now we do get an HoS a fair amount of time, theres still some shifts where we don't and I feel like I'm trying to hold things together and helping teach the newer players and keeping too far punishments from being handed out when the team doesn't consist of experienced security. I feel like I've learned how to play security in a good manner, not to execute antags for existing. It's not us vs the station or even really us vs the antags, its us trying to keep a balance of fun and keep people in the game. If an antag commits a decently bad crime that could warrant something further, sometimes just exiling them is an good idea to be fun for them and the people so there is still driving forces for the round. If theres an lesser crime but in the process its figured out they are something like an traitor, just put them on an monitor(Implants and sometimes an hand tele to them if they are decently dangerous) don't instantly execute or borg them. I think these sum up the reason I want to apply for HoS, I believe I've learned enough to sufficiently play the role and that I try my best to keep the round fun for everyone. My last application was denied mainly because of some admin notes that I got an list of and have tried my best to work on and I do not believe I've had an admin note in 2 months now, none as security in the first place either. 

Security experience (300 word minimum):
I'm mainly an security main and I play security a majority of the time or at least close to it, I typically play in an somewhat lenient but hard on the criminals when I need to. If it's an minor crime I'll process them quickly and give them an shorter brig if they cooperated, I'll spend time to find evidence or multiple trusted sources before I make an arrest and sentencing unless its just a quick come with me to question them and release them if its over something bad enough. I try my best to treat antags fairly and still give them an chance to exist in the round in multiple ways, exiling them instead of borging. Monitoring them instead of executing them instantly for being antag like some security call for, I'll also try to teach the security who try to go for punishments like that instantly for an confirmed antag, generally what I try to teach is we are here to keep the shift decently controlled but still fun, basically not allowing murdering sprees and mass terrorism attacks but if its an minor crime and they get confirmed as antag don't take that as an excuse to borg or execute them. I also try to teach them to never go lethal on an antag unless the situation very much calls for it, don't open the armory for an small reason, etc. Basically I try my best to keep the round going in a way thats fun, being lenient on criminals when needed and being hard on them when also needed. We aren't just here to be security vs antags or security vs the station we're here to facilitate a decently controlled shift without tons of murder sprees and other things but still letting it be fun for the players inside of the shift. A lot of new security fail to understand this and sometimes theres an reason to yell, but a lot of the times you should get the situation resolved and teach them what they did wrong.

What advice would you give to other sec players?

Do not treat antags as completely guilty and do not perma brig/borg/execute instantly unless their crime otherwise warrants it. Treat antags as event catalysts that make the game more fun for everyone, don't be too light on them but don't be too horrible to them either.

Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer:

When I'm part of a team and I am the most experienced I try to teach them how to act and not to be horrible to people, to sentence crimes accurately. I typically will work with others on forensics and investigations but I will still fact check their information as wrongly brigging someone is a shitty thing to do. I'll hold the other security accountable for their actions and expect them to hold me accountable for any mistakes I make.

When I am the only security officer I'll try to use the AI to track people and quickly sentence and deliberate on people while still providing solid evidence. If there is no true evidence I will release them. I'll typically patrol a bit and check on work stations and ask the AI to be alert for crimes. I'll typically quickly minorly sentence petty crimes and ask others who were involved opinions as well as commands opinions if I know the command will give me an accurate opinion. I try my best to gather evidence and prove crimes and document confessions. Working as a lone security officer can be a lot more stressful but I still try to operate as if we had a full team and don't just ignore crimes to deal with easier crimes.

What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?

I'm not entirely sure if this counts as a security gimmick but it largely invovlved security and I think it was interesting, I started the round as a scientist conspirator and met up with the one other person who showed up at the point, the captain was also with us but didn't show up (Relevant later), after doing some normal stuff and talking a bit the other conspirator gave me an AA id which I used to delete my record get security gear and name my card literally "Syndicate security operative" From here I integrated myself into security and worked with them for a time, meeting with the captain and by their offer framing them as a tyrant. We continued to work for a while until some suspicion fell upon me, so I had the captain call security to the bridge and gain as many as possible to our side before moving on the det and the security who was suspicious of me. We got one on our side and the other confused. We used this to accuse the detective and remaining security of high treason and framing the captain, arresting and stripping the security of his gear then bringing them to shuttle to leave, earlier in the round we set some AI laws and generally tried to get people to forsake to the Syndicate by causing internal strife and making random announcements and packet spoofs.(Our objective was to get people to forsake the syndicate) While not fully an security gimmick I think its decently related.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

I got banned once for OOC IC when I just joined before I fully understood it.
I got banned for like 1-2 days I think like a week after that when I was still extremely new because I threw clf3 in a small maintenance area with other people underestimating what it would do. This was a horrible idea I don't remember if it killed anyone but me but I still feel really bad over it because it likely hurt their experience.
+1 from me. While I understand previously there were concerns about Drewmajor's non-sec play, I understand most of that was in the past. I believe they are a very good officer from my experience playing with them, and aren't very pushy nor do they look for fights deliberately, which is something I've begun to see more.
I've seen Drew with very good communication skills and solid judgement. It is a +1 for me once again
Very solid as an officer, and has definitely tamed down on the meta stuff between the last app and now.

+1 from me
I'd restate what I said last time, that being
> "Xavier Mcmullen is always cool to have on security, and I think this application is well written. They keep their cool, know their stuff, and don't act like a shitter, so I'd say ye give em the beret, +1"

plus, ", basically not allowing murdering sprees and mass terrorism attacks but if its an minor crime and they get confirmed as antag don't take that as an excuse to borg or execute them. I also try to teach them to never go lethal on an antag unless the situation very much calls for it" is the right attitude to have.

As for experiences between this app and the last, I distinctly remember playing a round as HOS with you as an officer and you helping to talk down some guy who was extremely mad at someone else without firing a single taser, if my memory's not wrong I think that's the right attitude to have, so extra props to you. Hope you get the beret, +1!
+1 from me. Plenty of fun memorable experiences with them in both Sec, Command and other rules. I've noticed they've put great effort in to cutting down the power-gamey / meta-ish behavior as well