Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Role of Security and Antagonists on RP Servers
Sec is an incredibly frustrating role on RP. The expectations are so much higher for sec players, and I agree that it seems unfair at times. It feels like you get punished for actually roleplaying in this role.

My stints on sec almost always go the same way. I play it for a few rounds, maybe actually enjoy myself and have a good time. Eventually some player gets mad that sec is ruining their fun, whether self or real antag and get super salty. Lots of after game anger, calls of shitsec etc, it's annoying and I take a step back from sec til I get auto filled it again.

Hell, my first experience on sec was two regular players getting mad at me for not insta-brigging them and trying to figure out what was going on first. It often feels like you can't do anything right. If you try to make it quick and painless with a short brig or just a confiscation of items some players flip out that you're abusing your power, claim its bad RP etc. But then if you try to RP it, play it serious and fair calling in witnesses, detectives and the such other players start calling shitsec and breaking RP to get mad at your for wasting their time.

I think the attitude towards sec players needs to be adjusted in some way. The rules make it clear the game should be fun for everyone, but in practice it seems to be perfectly acceptable to ruin the game of sec, and be outright personally hostile to them.

I don't know if being able to execute repeat offenders is the solution, but maybe a crackdown on "Shitsec" culture? It can be so frustrating to spend 1-2 hours of your time trying to keep things running just to have a bunch of people talk about how bad you and your teammates are without any knowledge of what was going on and how much you had tried to keep things together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Role of Security and Antagonists on RP Servers - by data_err0r - 11-25-2020, 02:06 PM