Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Role of Security and Antagonists on RP Servers
I end up playing a lot of security on RP1 and it is my favourite job role. So I would like to add my own opinion.

I think that unlike other job roles, security is mainly driven by interaction with other players. The enjoyment in security is found when working with others and whatever they chose to spend their round doing. This contrasts with other roles who may interact with other crew, but their enjoyment is not wholly driven by it. e.g. Botany may speak and work with other crew, but could always move back to growing their plants.

With security, your aim is to essentially ensure that people are able to safely do whatever they want to spend there time doing. The fun found in RP is based of others. It is distinctly more enjoyable to deal with an antag who tries to do something interesting and makes it enjoyable to roleplay with them.

The most enjoyable moments do require both security and whoever they are working with or against to put effort into RP. If you do only ever end up dealing with people breaking the law and never putting in effort I can see how you could end up being burnt out.

Maybe adding some variation into security might help, if there was something additional to dealing with crimes. I don’t really know.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Role of Security and Antagonists on RP Servers - by Is_Dog_Hour - 11-16-2020, 03:07 PM