Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Role of Security and Antagonists on RP Servers
Agree on how they’re held to a higher standard.

To be honest all RP players should be held to a higher standard and treat it as they would be working an actual job. Yelling at your boss, punching them for no reason etc would get you arrested and what not irl.
‘Shitsec’ is fairly easy to identify and nail down since there are so few roles there, genpop shitters on the other hand are a bit tougher as you don’t have a pool of ~5 people to figure out who was doing it. Imo the amount of times we have to remind people of the rules each day is enough to warrant a talk here, from the shuttle bombs, darkness spam, auto-clicker spam, self-antagging and general shitty behavior that falls in a grey area that gets the f1 ignored in the long run. We have people that every round do everything they can to push the buttons on sec players and then cry foul when sec responds in kind. It’s starting to become a toxic affair of us vs them whereas playing Sec drains you about as much as AI simply due to the amount of people who play like that.

Of course I don’t have a grand solution, that’ll probably take a while before we all come to an agreement there, but I think reasonable changes to the rules and how we enforce them (I really only see an admin on late at night for example) would be a good first step.

Rule examples/highlights/thoughts:
- Redefine what it means to be a self-antag to where it includes specific examples
- Try and narrow the grey area on behavior, routine aggressors should be warned to a degree or at least talked to.
- Cannister bombs such as plasma and welder bombs are just an annoyance at this point, non-antags should be punished for using them imo
- Security persons should expect a mallcop experience but instead get the ‘spit in your face’ people every round

I of course don’t have solutions or ideas for every single problem, but if we address the big elephants in the room that are causing the most pain now we can worry about the tiny stuff later on.
TLDR:
Everyone treated at the same level respective to their role (You are RP'ing a job, dont do things you wouldn't do irl in that job)
Rule tweaks/enforcement
Repeated grey-area aggressors should be dealt with

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Role of Security and Antagonists on RP Servers - by Zergspower - 11-16-2020, 01:14 PM