Oh Goodness Pritchard is Applying for HoS
Usual Character Name: Dr. Pritchard
BYOND Username: Xeram
Recommended by (if applicable): None specifically that come to mind.
Times Available: Varies based on whats going on. Generally atleast a few hours. Much more so on weekends.

Reason for Application (300 word minimum): Where to begin. I suppose the first and foremost reason for this application is the same as my mentor application's main reason, to help new players not screw everything up and lessen the impact/problems/seething hatred when they do. Security has been getting more players than ever now seeing as the crew isn't 100% fixated in the mentality that the sec team is just as bad if not worse than the traitors trying to murder them, and sadly this also brings a lot of incompetent security personnel who can really put a huge damper on a round for some seriously minor things. Far too often lately have I seen others being shot four times, cuffed, and brigged for an unreasonable length of time for extremely minor things like breaking a window to let injured people into medbay or being pushed down and farted on. I myself have been on the recieving end of instances like these, most unfortunately with no HoS or other general authority figure to tell them to chill out they're going seriously overboard. My second main reason for applying is, quite frankly, so I can have more control over situations so I can try to keep things fun for others. I've seen plenty of officers (and crewmembers in general) with a "I can therefore I shall" attitude towards killing traitors, even if they're benign or it would really hamper the round due to being so early, having some decent influence over what his fate is can help cause much more fun than the traitor being brained by a random assisstant 2 minutes in. And while not quite a reason as to why I should be HoS (maybe) I did admittedly ask a bit of what some of the others thought about me being a HoS a good while ago and the general consensus was positive, which finally gave me the push to write this up.
(319 words)

Security Experience (300 word minimum): Hoo boy...Security has been a rough patch with me for me on and off for a long time, from Donut all the way till now. I've drifted to security and away from it multiple times, the most recent drift being away from when everyone was unbanned. Twas a nightmare as a sec officer having to deal with all the greifers before they got re-banned. I'm not going to lie, I wasn't always even a decent sec officer, for a long time on Donut I was pretty shit. Between being a terrible scrub officer who used harmbaton and a terrible SecuriHoP who was still ignorant about what the HoS truly was who got into a fight over who's a higher rank. He overreacted and lasered me to death but it was a good wake up call. From then on I began improving as a sec officer. Slowly but surely. By the time the near end of Mushroom station came around I was a much more upstanding officier, sure there was the occasional guy who went cross round grudging and set me over the edge, but otherwise most of my arrests ended up with either A. Having some fun with the guy I had cuffed and letting him go or B. Dissipating the tension between some guys trying to beat each others heads in after fights that escalated. Bringing us up to today, where I've begun phasing back into sec now that its no longer just the officers under scrutiny, but the players who always insisted on making sec's day as terrible as possible. Now-a-days I generally, as a head, don't tolerate sec officers applying lethal force to an antag unless he's been one of those boring balls to the walls silent rampage murderboner ones (Or simply one that NEEDS to die). In the end, I feel I've improved enough in how people should be dealt with and general temperment to warrant applying for HoS.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc): Most of my serious complaints were eliminated with the inclusion of a single solitary cell for the real troublemakers and the timers so sec wouldn't have to spend all round waiting. It's also nice to have the big gen pop brig room back, more room for hijinks. My only compaint is that it's pathetically easy to escape from, especially if you have another inmate in there. There needs to be some type of window replacement material that doesn't leave a shard for them to use to cut the grille, then if they wanted to break out so badly they'd have to shock themselves. Repeatedly. My only other grip is how clunky it is to give inmates their confiscated items back, perhaps a one way room with a locker that they get flushed into after leaving where they can pick up their stuff.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): Loved the first one, the 2nd and third were good, never saw the last.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): I have gottan in some trouble in the past. Aside some petty 1 day bans way back when, I can think of 3 major instances. First being on Mushroom as an eletrician I was messing around, the round was going generally normal and most (surviving) crew were pursuing things so i pinched the capts ID to send it back, long story short some dudes tried to kill a friend and said they did so i detained one and bucklecuffed him while i went to recall the shuttle, i was asked to let it be called by one admin so i responded and went back to uncuff and unbuckle the guy but got headed off by Huk and promptly banned from all jobs, traitor roles, and custom names for some time. Obviously appealed and lifted. (Oct, 22nd, 2012)
The second actually resulted in a 10 day ban. What had happened was the traitor was killed literally 3 minutes into the round by the captain. I happened to work in the medical wing so i went and had him revived for funs sake while the AI reported everything to the capt and gave him a DNA injector to look like me along with another guy. This happening after the captain shot me in robotics when i asked him to get out of the way i was trying to do my job and he responded by shooting me. Basically i took things too far and helped him kill the captain after he ran in and started shooting at all of us. Appealed and ignored, waited it out. (March 14/15 2013)
And lastly the most recent one was for taking things way too far once again, but this time from having a bad temperment, the detective one round ran into elettroincs after i had taken the helmet and armor off a braindead sec officer as an eletrician, he barged in and flashed me and immediately stripped me naked, my only recourse after he hit a me a few times was to knock him down with the nearest object, assuming his intent to murder as he had stripped me naked, assaulted me out of nowhere, not said a thing, i promptly beat his head in and disposaled him. This however, was not the action that got me the ban but cumulated to it, as a day later Spacemarine was running a halloween gimmick round and near the end i jumped the gun and shotgunned a dude who was blocking off escape with the RCD before even saying anything. I was banned for 10 days to cool down and reevaluate my temperment, which i decided myself was a good idea and took an extended break from SS13 and tried to become a generally calmer person. Ban was not appealed, waited out for its duration and thensome. (Date unsure)

Also oh my goodness this already has over 1300 words, sorry for the gigantic essay folks.
Quote:My second main reason for applying is, quite frankly, so I can have more control over situations so I can try to keep things fun for others.

The main reason I applied for Hos tbh.

Also tbh, I have made it clear during your mentor application that you were not fit for HoS as your were prone to a bit of a cruel streak yet you were quite knowledgeable and very much deserved a mentor application.

This however has changed for the better. Before, I would've of numerously counted you going on some estranged vigilante streak yet while being pretty robust, was pretty lame.
Lately, as in the last few months, this has changed and you have seemed to be alot more passive and play along with traitors rather than before.

I say yes. Pritch is very knowledgeable and if given the chance to flourish would make a great hos.
Sundance Wrote:
Quote:My second main reason for applying is, quite frankly, so I can have more control over situations so I can try to keep things fun for others.

The main reason I applied for Hos tbh.

Also tbh, I have made it clear during your mentor application that you were not fit for HoS as your were prone to a bit of a cruel streak yet you were quite knowledgeable and very much deserved a mentor application.

This however has changed for the better. Before, I would've of numerously counted you going on some estranged vigilante streak yet while being pretty robust, was pretty lame.
Lately, as in the last few months, this has changed and you have seemed to be alot more passive and play along with traitors rather than before.

I say yes. Pritch is very knowledgeable and if given the chance to flourish would make a great hos.

I don't mean to be bothersome, but I have to say, that actually means a lot to me hearing this from you Sundance. I consider you the standard by which an ideal HoS should be, it really means a lot to hear you approve.
You have a thing for taking issues personally and solving problems (like oh, no! an assistant entering the same room you're in) with the nearest blunt object. An hos that escalates small issues just to feed his ego would be bad. No.
NO. NOPE. FUCK NO. I haven't played in a fucking year, and I can still remember you as someone who shouldn't be anything other than banned. You're a shitty player, a dick in general, and should probably stop playing. Don't reapply, fuck off forever holy shit.

NO.
I haven't seen you play much since maybe late spring. You do seem like you genuinely want to help the station, but you tend to be a little over zealous in seeking and creating conflict. You seem to do it more for the action than for the sake of your ego, which is a plus in my books. That being said, I would definitely give you a chance and recommend that you wait a while and apply again if this application does not succeed.

I'll also give you the same advice I gave Morphing_Dwarf, try to create some fun the next time you roll a head position. The heads of the station are in a unique position to coordinate staff in projects that they would not be able to do on their own, and too often the heads just stick to their own devices and ignore their departments. Try to coordinate a group project and encourage your staff and even other heads to get involved.
You're too Pritchard-centric to make a good HoS. No, thanks.
I've seen you quite a bit, and to be perfectly honest you're sort of anti-fun sometimes. A truly great HoS is willing to let a gimmick traitor role or whatever run until it's natural course, but from what I've seen of you I think you'd be more inclined to stop someone pre-gimmick. That's not very fun!

On the plus side, you are beyond massively improving on your past self. I'm going to say no for now BUT I'll keep a super scrutinous eye out ingame for you as Sec or Head roles and see how it goes, as you're a nice dude beyond the ingame battles.
No. You're extremely aggressive versus traitors even when you're not in a Security role, and your solution always seems to be outright murder of them. For a typical role, this is fine behavior, but a HoS should be more level-headed.
I have literally never seen you react to a situation in any way other than trying to murder whoever the other person is.

like you open the door to the electronics lab and someone runs in and ten minutes later 2 confused sec officers are standing in front of the burned out, corpse-filled remains of engineering while you go on about how that assistant who wanted a pair of gloves started it
Yeah, you get my no. I was playing HoS, and a dude ran into the EVA that an AI had bolted open while I was rather clearly trying to block it back up. I stunned the guy, and took away the suit he'd taken. When it appeared by all means that you had pulled the man, I just walked out and tased you too. You proceeded to scream to the crew over the radio that I was robbing people in the halls and "Shooting" people for no reason. I went from stopping somebody from taking a suit to a mad HoS killing people and robbing them with your story. I just put you both outside and went back to sealing up the doors, but you decided "Time to punish this guy" and broke the windows out, the whole time bragging about how you were going to make my life hell for being a shitcop. Then you grabbed a flash that was on the ground and flashed me, stealing my taser and going to run off. At that point, assuming you were a traitor, I told the nearby guy to apprehend you, and let him use lethal force if neccesary. You beat him up, but I caught up, flashed you, and cuffed you. You then repeatedly screamed about how shit I was and how I should be demoted and how absolutely awful I was for -daring- to arrest you. So once you started screaming that I was killing you (I wasn't) I took your headset, which you also screamed about. Then Connor showed up, as I'd adminhelped at that point, and you actually insulted -him- too. I gave you brig time, but you started to try and break out rather than serve a minute in the brig. So I tased you and just put you away, as you were just being a problem child. Then the wizard died and the round ended, and not only did you whine in OOC after the game, you continued -before- the next round. No, no, no, no, no. Get OUT.
Right now that I have a moment of time I should probably address some of the posts here.

Quote:Clarks/Heiraphont/Wonk/Weavel

I understand, I still have plenty to improve on. I plan on to continue trying to improve and show the crew a much more relaxed side of me.

Quote:Wydann

Thank you, seeing as it is unlikely at this point it is to succeed I'll keep this in mind and try to work on such things in addition to chilling out before my next App.

Quote:jflan17

What do you mean exactly? The ego thing or the silly inside joke about making everything Pritchard?

Quote:Dauntasa and Clarks(again)

While I have been known to punch dudes who run into electronics snag our gloves and try to run off cackling if the door happen to closes on him, I don't ever remember an incident like these in both cases. The closest thing I can remember which came to something near that was the aforementioned incident with the detective attacking me in electronics when I thought I was fighting for my life.

Quote:BlackPhoenix

I've been meaning to talk to you about that and say I'm sorry, Hindsight is 20/20 and looking back I was pretty shitty that day. The main reason it got so bad was my fault for reacting badly to your reasons for firing at me, especially when you told people to try and kill me for flashing you and removing your empty taser. While people had been talking about a wizard the entire time. When I said I was surprised Conor had become an admin I didn't mean it in a mean way, I meant I was surprised the admins had decided to recruit a whole new batch considering the coverage they already had. I punched that man in the groin a few times in an attempt to stun him. I was sour about how the situation was being handled at the time and i only started screaming for help once you had started removing my headset, which I personally think sec shouldn't be doing, it's a persons last recourse to keep in contact with the crew and call for help if things do go south.
So for what it's worth, I'm sorry about that, I felt like shit that day and acted like shit and caused unneeded issue for everyone involved. I have to ask though. Why would you assume I was a traitor and tell people to kill me for flashing you and removing your empty gun? That just doesn't make sense to me.

Quote:Droidblaster

And here is where politeness leaves. I have no goddamn tolerance for this stupid sack of pathetic shit who refers to himself as a human being. I honestly can't think of anyone deeper in my shitlist. What kind of fucking sperg holds a grudge for over 2 years because when i was a dumb newb i questioned his authority as an HoS since I didn't even know it was an actual goddamn thing and lasers the dude to death then holds a grudge and living by a code to be an utter shitastic fucknut every chance he got. I mean goddamn you were even shittier than me way back when, you lasering an innocent dude to death in the halls wasn't a fucking uncommon thing to see and all you do is bitch, moan, and cry. Shit they very fact that you haven't played in a year is a goddamn good reason not to say anything on this thread. What fucking right do you have to judge me when you haven't even played and seen me in goddamn years. Not to mention you had your entirety of one forum post. In 2012. But you came running for the damn chance to try and shit all over this app. All because I was dumb once and questioned you. It's not even the fucking incident I'm mad about. That shit passed long ago. It's the fact that years later some pathetic sperg is running in to bitch because of his grudge from years ago over something so incredibly insignificant that it shouldn't even matter. In short, Go get royally fucked and get over it.

Well even though it seems this app is going to fail, I'm happy in knowing the person I look to as an example at least approves. Since at this point it would just be dog-piling onto the already doomed app it may as well be locked and sorted into the denied pile.
Firstly, I assumed you were a traitor given that there was an entire sticky devoted to the fact that if you pull shit like stunning security and taking their things, let alone the HoS, you were being shit and shouldn't be doing it unless you're a traitor. Given that you're a station regular, I was hoping for everyone's sake that you were one, and acted as such. Secondly, I pointed out several times that it was likely that you'd been having a bad day and tried to be reasonable, and again was met with insults and really excessive anger. I seriously don't think somebody who can go off like that on a bad day needs to be HoS, at least not yet.
Xeram Wrote:What do you mean exactly? The ego thing or the silly inside joke about making everything Pritchard?
You only really care about making things fun for yourself.
jflan17 Wrote:
Xeram Wrote:What do you mean exactly? The ego thing or the silly inside joke about making everything Pritchard?
You only really care about making things fun for yourself.

Well that I have to protest against, I do often try to think of ways to make things fun for those around me while up to whatever i'm doing, I generally leave my mindslaves to their own devices and don't force them to kill themselves if I don't have to, in one instance i was made an admin for a round and as apposed to just rrunning around beating everyone down with adminpower i spent most of the time dead observing as i attempted to make things as fun as possible for everyone online at the time, and most people agreed it was rather fun albiet chaotic. Or the traitor rounds I've spent simply making sabers for the crew and seeing what unfolds. I also suppose all the smaller instances too, such as going out of my way to recover a corpses to be revived even when everything has gone to shit and helping save people who would otherwise have their round ended, sure I like to have fun myself some times, but It's not like I don't think of trying to help others have fun at the same time.