Reisyn's Head of Security Application
Usual character name: Reisyn Hell
BYOND username: Reisyn
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Reisyn#3934
Recommended by (if applicable): No one!
Goon servers you play: RP Main mostly. Briefly ventured to Goon Main.

Reason for application:

I believe I have a good disposition for the role and that my experiences through all my playtime and knowledge of the game can assist old and new security players in overcoming anything that gets thrown their way. I love helping people and I want to see them mature into awesome example of what security officers and the like can be when well equipped to deal with almost any situation!

I want to be someone that people can look to and know that I will do everything I can to look after you, nurture, support and help you develop into the best officer, detective or person that you can be. I want to earn the trust and respect of the crew so that I know when they think of us, that any interaction with Security as a whole, will be a good experience for them.

I want to protect people, I have a very protective nature about me. I don't shy away from combat, you will often find me on the front line when it comes down to it and I do love the thrill of the hunt. I will without hesitation throw myself into harms way to come to the defense of others.

I understand that the position comes with so much responsibility with it. You might not just be looking after Security as HoS, you might be covering so many other areas too. I feel knowing how to micromanage the station and making sure its running somewhat smoothly and helping fill in the gaps is a major part of it. It can be very daunting and overwhelming but I understand it needs to be done, for the betterment of the station and its crew.

Head of Security is placed on such a high pedestal and its backed by so many great players that I just want to know if I'm worthy of such an honour to be amongst them and to know if I'm ready for the role or if I need more time. 

Security experience (300 word minimum):

When I started playing Space Station 13 back in 2011, I didn't really have any clue what I was getting myself into and when I look back now, I realise how much I've grown since then and how much I've learned. I've had so much time to experience almost any situation the game and its players can throw at me but there's always going to be something I haven't encountered and that's mostly the reason I keep on playing. My experience gives me the confidence that I can take on anything thrown my way and to help the team I'm working with to overcome obstacles that've not encountered and conquered before.

As security, I've always tried my best to keep control of situations and have been known be to heavy handed at times when I felt it necessary. To help other officers understand what they're doing wrong and to help them better themselves, not just for themselves but for the whole station as a whole. Security has so much to live up to and if the station sees it failing, people begin to lose faith in the team which makes me sad to see. I like to help and if I can guide people to be better, then I will try to do so.

I have a nasty habit of putting a tremendous about of pressure on myself to be the best I can and if I fail, I almost never let myself live it down. I try to be fair and just but I have no qualms putting my foot down and speaking the truth in the face of adversity. I'm a avid defender of silicons and I love working with them as much as they seem to enjoy working with me.

I will always charge headlong into any opportunity to test myself, I don't shy away from challenges that I'm faced with and I will live and die for those I care for and for my team. I will almost always put others before my own wellbeing, if we're both on fire, I can promise you, you're going to have your fire be put out before mine is always. I will go down fighting if it ensures that whoever we're after is caught. My life for the team. As long as I can protect you all, I will keep fighting. I will gladly sacrifice myself in order to ensure others survive and I will never leave a man behind if I can help it.

In short, I have a lot of knowledge and experience to back me up and I believe that can allow me to help and guide those around me.

Answer two or more of the following:

What advice would you give to other sec players?

Learn to let go of things. A lot of people will hold grudges, mock you, laugh at you for mistakes that you make but you just need to take it in stride and keep working on making a better person of yourself. Don't get disheartened because things are getting out of hand, try to maintain some level of control, even if its a little bit amidst a storm. Communication is key too. I see a lot of officers not responding at all to radio calls, especially near shift start. I love seeing people who will radio in that they're on station and greet the team. It shows that they're openly willing to communicate and work as a team to me. Above all that, please just relax a bit, take things in stride and you'll do just fine!

What was one of your favourite security moments? 

Probably when I was daring enough to venture from Goon RP1 to Goon Main for security work. I was able to work alongside Digornio Pizzarelli who was our HoS. I was honestly surprised to see a HoS at all on Main!

So on the second round I ever got to work alongside Dig. I'm a sec off, he's HoS obviously, I get my stuff together, go out the front of sec and see graffiti on the ground reading "HOS is big stinky". So I go back inside to Dig who is still getting ready in his office and say, "Uh sir, you may not like what's been written outside of security." He rushes out of his room to front, sees the message and stomps a bunch on his hat angrily.

Later on, Dig informs me that the captain(That Nil Souhel guy) killed Heisenbee(which he seems to do often) and that he wants the captain arrested for murder. So I'm like "sure." I go and round the captain up and Dig tells me to bring him to Medbay. After the captain tried to book it, Dig removes the captain's butt and puts it on his head and that was his punishment. Later on the cap and detective were having a shootout and I arrested the cap again but I don't remember what happened to him. Might've borged him in the end.

What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?

Nothing really springs to mind when I read this question, I believe that security is in a pretty good spot as is when it comes to game mechanics. I think the only truly sad thing is that the detective's office almost never gets used in roleplay at all as most of the time the detective just spawns, gets their stuff and never returns. If it was possible, I'd suggest merging their office into security somewhere so that they can work out of it, attach it to the interrogation room so we don't have a room that's going unused.

Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.

The difference for me between solo security and with a team is that when I'm alone, I've very short and to the point, I'm there to work and not really chat. I'm much more paranoid and don't won't let people near me as a result. I want to survive whilst also protecting the crew and enforcing the law.

However, when I'm working within a team, I can relax a little more and chat and muck about. I don't have to stress as much when I know I have people there to back me up if and when things go south. 

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.

There comes a time
When one must ask
Who would win
If it came to blows
A silly clown or
A relentless tortoise?

What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?

I'd like to try to get people to do community service in order to work off brig time. If they've been a such severe menace to the station, I'd love to restrict them to civilian jobs, maybe a chef or janitor. We could convert the brig into a kitchen and have them serve food to people. It'd make good use of the visitation area that usually goes unused.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None.

Thank you for reading my application, I hope I didn't ramble on too much!
Reisyn is a friendly person and helps people when they need help and i have seen him play sec and he knows what he is doing, he would make a good hos and he would not abuse his power
Reisyn is a helpful presence on the station, capable of holding her own, and keeping her cool when things get stressful.

+1 Bubble Bobble
I've seen Reisyn as a secoff a few times now and I'm confident that they would make a good Head of Security. They are competent, friendly, and as already mentioned: good at keeping their nerve. Beret em'!
I see no Reisyn for her not to have the beret!

I've not had a much of a chance to play together with Reisyn in Sec, but I've certainly spectated and been in plenty of shifts with her and I think she'd be a great HoS. Just please, please don't wear that dang welding helmet. The Head of Security has fashion standards!
Reisyn is definitely one of my favorite people to see in Security; from engaging vampires in space in pod battles to wrapping up odds and ends using forensics. I would love to see Reisyn as HoS, and I think a good part of that comes down to her having a kind of different disposition towards the role. I think this gets into the willingness to frontline stuff that she already covered really well in her application, but her readiness to jump in and see things through is astounding, refreshing, and sincerely uplifting.

She is laser-focused in Security Officer mode, but also an incredible amount of fun to have around and a tremendous asset. She's busy as a bee, and still finds time to radio chatter and greet AI, borgs, and any Sec teammates that pop up later in the round. She does and appreciates forensics work too, something I crack up to her being a good player as Detectives. She follows as many leads to their conclusion as she possibly can, and I leave a lot of rounds with her without wanting for much else to be resolved. I think she also strikes an excellent balance between delegating and participating in teamwork and knowing when to jump to the front and lead on something. For me, that moment really came in the aforementioned round with a vampire who was flittering in and out of disposals and going on not-infrequent space walks and playing grand theft with every pod on the station; Reisyn, clever as ever, knew to break off from chasing on-foot and hang out in space in a Security pod outside disposals.

In short: she's quick-thinking, persistent and diligent, and personable!

Also you tested the waters as Sec on Main, which I've done and appreciate, especially when the experiences are good and you walk away with some fun stories. It's a whole different ballgame, but shows good temperment and desire to really understand as much as you can about the role of Security, in every imaginable situation.

+1! Seconding virvatuli; no more welding helmets for you!
Won't even wear the beret if you give it her because sHe hAS tO WEaR a weLDiNg HeLMeT. -1

Bahaha, Reisyn's a solid addition to the Sec team whenever she's on. She's grown immensely over the past few months as a player and isn't afraid to ask for help when she needs it. She takes feedback in stride and we have actively worked together to polish off her Sec persona and skillset.

She's someone who isn't afraid to help tackle problems on the station, communicates effectively and frequently, and can be relied on to respond appropriately to Security situations.

I think she's ready for stompy boots!

+1
I think Reisyn would be a great plus to the HoS club. She is vigilant with what she can do and is dedicated to what she puts her mind too. The times I have seen her as sec, she is always active with communication and will chase anyone bad to the ends of any station, or even space!  

And like Slaz and Nefarious said, you better be ready to take that welding helmet off!

+1 (and more if I could)
Good security during their main experiences, well written application, pleasant player and in gooncord too, i will however continue to execute heisenbee for he is a criminal that somehow escaped the brig

I digress, +1
I've played a good bit with Reisyn in multiple other roles and his RP is always good, his security roles and interactions have been pleasant as well (though I'm the last one to ever get arrested) when i play sec. +1