HOS/NTSO Application
Usual character name: Artorius Kingston
BYOND username: Telareti 
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Telareti
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play:
Goon RP
Reason for application:
Mainly wanna be a NTSO because I like how fun it looks and how loyal you have to be and fun rp but i feel like its got the same responsibility's as hos, also i will be able to save some antags from being insta killed for just being a antag because I will have a rank to be able to stop it.
Security experience (300 word minimum):
I have had a lot of sec shifts now and understand a lot about it, I have learnt how long to brig someone, i mainly refer to the lawbook on major crimes and miner crimes but I also try to look into why the crime were committed for an example if it was in self defence or if the person regrets it or did it by accident, then I determine by doing this if they should get a decrease brig time or not. when it comes to how I interact with the crew I try and be nice to them even when they commit a crime and sometimes this keeps them calm, instead of me running over and stunning them, however I will bring my stun baton out when someone is in the process of killing or attacking someone or when I tell someone to stop in the middle of a crime but they run or keep doing it instead of stopping. when it comes to antags I treat them like people and try to make a deals with them, for an example if there's a vampire I will try and get them to live off monkey humans same with lings I do this to so they can still have fun but don't hurt anyone unless someone consented, however if a antags turns evil and does not wanna make any deals and decides to go round killing people once they have killed about 2 people that's when I will most likely borg or get rid of them, this is so they don't hurt kill anyone else, if there's a chance the antag can be reformed i may give them a tracker implant so they can live and maybe not hurt anyone. I know how to do prints and use most if not all sec equipment and I am good at taking insults from angry crew mates so i will not react and start beating them up and I think very logically when something is going on
Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    don't insta kill or perma brig antags just for being antags and try to keep a cool head when someone is insulting you or yelling "shit sec" and mainly don't abuse your power       
    • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)                                                                                                              one time i was a staffie and i pledge my loyalty to the captain and he gave me missions to do after i did them all i became a honorary captains sec officer and went round helping sec and protecting the caps life even willing to sacrifice mine for his if needed haha, and i ended up catching two antags and brought them to sec for the captains judgement

• [b]What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?[/b]

• [b]Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.                                                                                  [/b]
    • when I'm the only sec officer I work a lot with AI to track people and and find crimes and i will try to process people a bit faster so i can get back out to protecting people, however if there a full sec i will stay sometimes at sec office encase someone comes to report and to check cams, if someone's is already doing that i will go pratol and report anything bad or weird on sec radio and will work together with sec to track certain wanted individuals and try and make sure all the sec live and are ok
  •                                                                                                                                                       Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
  • one time i was a sec officer but the ai was calling the cap king and stuff so i started speaking a bit more royal and when talking to the captain i would say my king or thanks my king and i would address the other heads as lords and i came up with the idea to become a knight to the captain so the captain and i went to mining, we called them blacksmiths and they made me some colourful armour and then i made a oath with the captain and he knighted me with his sword and then gave me it and told me to go find the vampires who were killing people
  • Draw a picture!
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
I've played a few shifts with Artorius as Sec and a handful more with them as Detective. Seemed competent as an officer and has been good to have on the team as a Detective, but I haven't had any memorable experiences.

That being said, it might just be time zones or something, but I haven't seen you all that much as Sec in general and don't think we've had a shift together in several weeks. 'In my opinion, Sec's one of this roles that more than any other role in the game requires just a sheer amount of exposure and repeat experience to build up your confidence, skillset, and gives you exposure to all of the different personalities/approaches that other SecOffs have.

More than that, gaining the beret and becoming a HoS is more than a culmination of being a good SecOff - it's a role that requires adept communication, leadership, and organization from the player on top of their skills as Sec. More than any other role, a HoS has the ability to dramatically change the pace, mood, and course of a shift.

I'd recommend you keep putting time in as Sec, try taking on a pseudo-leadership role when you play, helping to manage communications, check up on the happenings, and demonstrate that you're a leader within the Sec team.

At this time, based on your application alone and the dissonance it seems to demonstrate between your intent/understanding and the true role of a HoS (leadership/communication) along with a personal lack of experience with you I can't recommend you for HoS. That being said, I love that you're interested and hope you're not discouraged from giving it another go in the future if it doesn't materialize this time around. Focus your application on what you can bring to the table as a fixer of issues, someone who brings the Sec team together, and a great communicator, rather than someone who is more interested in being an NTSO (which is somewhat more of a gimmick role for HoS players, honestly) and you'll be in a good spot!
oki doki thanks for the great advice Slazenger I will keep that in mind and use it to get better and improve and also work on doing more as sec thanks for the help Slazenger I appreciate it
We're going to pass on this application at the moment due to a lack of feedback on it, feel free to reapply again in 60 days.