Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Faction NPC ideas
You know that NT representative that hangs out in the bridge on Oshan and Manta? I think it would be cool if we had more NPCs like him that you can talk to and increase your reputation with a group. Therefore, I'm gonna do it! But I have one issue. A critical lack of ideas. So come one come all. Give me ideas for NPCs they can be as fleshed out as you want. I'll be taking some of the ones that I really like and putting my foot into the coder dungeon.
Clown rep, a Jester who is mysterious and creepy
(11-08-2020, 01:32 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Clown rep, a Jester who is mysterious and creepy

I'd just add this role to the vendor in the clown hole, personally. Flesh out Geoff a bit more.
An old groundskeeper who hangs out in their secret maintenance garden who wants alien seeds. Maybes gives access to the mister or botany vending machine restocks the more seeds you give them.

Engine physicist whose stock is tied into the amount of power generated. Maybe sells burn kits or industrial space suits, or the raw materials to make additional canisters.

Warden who counts the effective use of secmate. Source of replacement cuffs or better PUs.

NT Financial Officer tied into the station budget, so cargo doesn't give up after making enough money when people aren't requesting anything. Maybe gives payrises or cash.

NT Research Liaison who wants activated artifacts or a random difficult chemical, sells larger capacity beakers.

Surgeon General who takes organs from transplants, gives medical vending restocks.
I like the idea but idk how much of this might be pushing on to the same design of what Job rewards are.
Job rewards are purely cosmetic.

This here would not be.
I feel I need to clarify that Faction NPCs tend to give metarewards that are tied to your faction reputation. Since faction reputation does not reset per round and, the faction rewards being able to grant very useful items would be a pretty bad idea in my opinion. As people would abuse it to oblivion. But please keep giving me ideas. I like the Geoff idea and I'll look into how that would work.
A NanoTransen accountant that collects QM invoices in return for point
A pharma rep that hangs out in medical trying to push his own brand of pill
A mysterious staffie hiding in maint who seeks drugs and can provide a (limited use?) spray can that works like crayons but its writing can't be cleaned. Perhaps a staffie labcoat reskin that's grey with blue highlights too? Only accepts drugs from other staffies, those "real workers" are snitches anyways.
I think this would work well with merchants, businesses, and other trading companies.

Build a good reputation and get goods discounts. Maybe these groups have rivalries, so being in one's good graces puts you in another's shit list. Would let QM swap turns making deals based on who had better reputations and stronger negotiating stength.