Poll: Would having a server population limit positively impact?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
48.57%
17 48.57%
No
40.00%
14 40.00%
Other
11.43%
4 11.43%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Please, let's set a population limit for the servers
So as a person who almost exclusively plays overflow when it's not dead, I'm in favor of pop limits. I've played main rounds with 70+ players and it's just awful and miserable trying to keep up with even a quarter of what's going on or to keep to yourself to do stuff on your own.

As Carbadox mentioned we do have the overflow server, which was doing fine until maybe 2-3 weeks ago, when it started getting under 20 pop while main was maintaining 80-100 pop. As much as I don't like 50+ pop rounds, there's no reason overflow should be a wasteland while main has too many people.

Of course the argument of "I like rounds with lots of people, and more people is always better" should probably be addressed. There's a point where a lot of people is too many people, and that point is apparently obvious when all the job slots are getting filled, there's not nearly enough supplies on even the largest maps for everyone, and that the current job slots don't accomodate or account for such an increase in population well over the slot limit or expected population for the map size.

To address what Urs said: Why should the game be about popularity and advertising over enjoyment? Goon has been a stable server longer than any other server AFAIK and we still get plenty of new players from tides and people telling their friends about the game or from people from other servers checking out goon. Also, I wish people WOULD move to the overflow servers, but they don't. As I mentioned, in the last few weeks Main has maintained 80+ pops while overflow was under 20 people, even during prime hours.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please, let's set a population limit for the servers - by Drago156 - 11-07-2020, 01:25 PM