Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AI Holograms suggestions
I will say, as a self-described AI main, I really like the new holograms. While I'd enjoy new holograms (different warning signs like fire, electricity, radiation, biohazard, wet floor, departments like med/sec/escape, etc.), they are overall very very useful. And, I'd definitely like the ability to place permanent holograms until they're dispelled.

For your third paragraph, there could be a command as simple as just disabling all active holograms to clear them out, and whenever you place a hologram at your limit, the oldest one is deleted.

Also, how about allowing the AI to point via hologram? Whenever the AI player uses the point command, the arrow shows up as normal as a hologram.

A big thing:
I have found the placement of them to be clunky in practice. You have to navigate your eye to the desired tile, click the hologram button, and select what hologram you want.
The existing ability to jump to an item in a list by just tapping the first letter (tapping D to highlight Down-Arrow, for example) does resolve the second part very nicely.
As a possible fix, could an AI space+click or something (not shift or alt alone since they're used to bolt and open doors and would lead to a lot of misclicks, which will bring up a big menu which would get annoying) on a floor to place a hologram there? This should place a temporary hologram, since they're typically just giving directions or pointing to something and are thus more urgent, but short lived. I'd be happy with the current button making permanent holograms. Maybe shift+click the button to clear all active holograms?

In short, this is a very useful addition which helps bridge the gap between AIs and ~~stinky~~ humans in terms of precise communication and actually getting their attention (especially newer players who may not pay as much attention to the radio). I greatly enjoy having this, and I'd like to see if the issues I've listed are shared by other AI players.

ALSO AS A DREAM: Letting the AI write on the floor with holograms. I remember seeing a screenshot of a WIP rework to crayons or something that let someone write in pretty small letters, maybe about 4 to a tile in terms of how big they are. This would be ***so fucking nice*** to have, especially if they aligned to a grid. Being able to write "GET CLONE SCANNED" outside Medbay in permanent holograms would be so nice, or pointing to Escape for new players on complex maps with big letters saying "ESCAPE"

Messages In This Thread
AI Holograms suggestions - by kyle2143 - 11-04-2020, 12:17 AM
RE: AI Holograms suggestions - by aft2001 - 11-04-2020, 06:52 AM
RE: AI Holograms suggestions - by Frank_Stein - 11-04-2020, 07:10 AM
RE: AI Holograms suggestions - by aft2001 - 11-04-2020, 07:29 AM
RE: AI Holograms suggestions - by Superlagg - 11-04-2020, 12:32 PM
RE: AI Holograms suggestions - by Frank_Stein - 11-04-2020, 04:25 PM
RE: AI Holograms suggestions - by kyle2143 - 11-06-2020, 12:14 AM
RE: AI Holograms suggestions - by Studenterhue - 11-16-2020, 11:17 AM
RE: AI Holograms suggestions - by Nnystyxx - 11-18-2020, 08:10 AM