Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Escape pod idea (Cash rules all around me)
The escape pods have already gotten "old". Nobody boards them, only people who are unfamiliar, and even then watching them fuck up on other players isn't particularly funny either.
Unless i'm mistaken, is there a chance of them ever getting to centcom?

Well anyway here's my proposal.
How about the escape pods costing MONEY to work, and having 3 different types depending on how much money you payed?
Here's what in my head it should be set up like:
[Image: 3EP82mr.gif]
The launch pad is just for show really, but that little blinking slot next to the escape pod doors is where you would shove money into. The ability to put money in comes around ETA -5:00, which would open the shutter revealing what you bought.
As I said the escape pods come in three flavors:
3rd Class (Bronze). Has a 60% chance of working.
[Image: xENZEVY.png]
2nd Class (Silver). Has a 70% chance of working
[Image: 0F3KM7Y.png]
1st Class (Gold). Has a 80% chance of working
[Image: Zxlca7x.png]
Seen as it's nearing the end of the round and you would have a bit in your bank (unless of course, you are an assistant) you could easily afford the bronze. I'm a bit hesitant to think of a price, so I'd say 1000 credits for bronze would be enough, then ranging to 3000 credits for Gold.

Advantages:
  • A reason to spend/save money. That can only be a good thing
  • Balanced. For those people who just really want to escape and don't have to deal with an abomination on the escape shuttle, they have an opportunity to, for a price.
  • The pods would actually be used.
  • In gang mode, how fly would you look escaping on a gold pod?
  • Could be a traitor objective
This is a really good idea
I really like this idea, it would make these things have the possibility of working.
This is the best idea.

My two cents: You can add a fourth tier that can be bought at a super high price (of 100,00 credits) that gives 100 percent chance of working and emaggable for crafty syndicates who want a free ride home.

Also more escape pods needed.
Emagging it should make the escape pods fail 100% of the time regardless of payment.
yess

also makes the Hijack the Shuttle objective more tenable
I think it would be funny if escape pods had a very small chance of crash landing somewhere. Imagine blacking out while your pod spirals out of control only to wake up stranded on the ice moon next to a wreckage.
MyBlueCorners Wrote:I think it would be funny if escape pods had a very small chance of crash landing somewhere. Imagine blacking out while your pod spirals out of control only to wake up stranded on the ice moon next to a wreckage.

this
MyBlueCorners Wrote:I think it would be funny if escape pods had a very small chance of crash landing somewhere. Imagine blacking out while your pod spirals out of control only to wake up stranded on the ice moon next to a wreckage.
This is a glorious idea, but I think we need to add more adventure z-levels before we implement this.

What if instead of a small chance during the escape timer, this is what escape pods are used for when the shuttle isn't on its way? That way assistants can go on one-way space adventures if no one is working telesci and stop cluttering up the hallways.
epicdwarf Wrote:
This is a glorious idea, but I think we need to add more adventure z-levels before we implement this.
Just give escape pod crashes its own little planet.
I had a few people tell me in deadchat that they ended up on the lava moon (albeit in various gibs and shrapnel) when escaping on a escape pod. Can a coder correct me on this, were they talking out of their arse?

Also, crash landing on an planet, they would have what.. 5 minutes to explore? Maybe its a cool way of finding new places, but as far exploring on their own.. confused

UrsulaMejor Wrote:Emagging it should make the escape pods fail 100% of the time regardless of payment.

I don't like this idea. If anything it should be:

Katznelson Wrote:This is the best idea.

My two cents: You can add a fourth tier that can be bought at a super high price (of 100,00 credits) that gives 100 percent chance of working and emaggable for crafty syndicates who want a free ride home.

Also more escape pods needed.
The latter idea makes it way too easy for a wanted traitor to escape when people are looking out for them at the shuttle, though. Maybe emagging them should let you stuff unwilling people into them for a sneaky/hilarious murder.
Admiral jimbob Wrote:The latter idea makes it way too easy for a wanted traitor to escape when people are looking out for them at the shuttle, though. Maybe emagging them should let you stuff unwilling people into them for a sneaky/hilarious murder.
emagging them makes them make a sharp turn after leaving the station so that they smash through the escape shuttle window and then explode
I support this.

(insert shocked crowd here)