Mentor Application - Drunkangel/Lily
Usual character name: Lilac Collar, Lethix Lazlux, Lamp Washington, H.L.P 2182
BYOND username: Drunkangel
Discord username: Lily
Recommended by: Varshie, Kamades, Jan.antilles
Goon servers you play: RP1 and RP overflow

Reason for application + game experience: I've recently reached 3 months of experience in goon station and recently seeing other people get the purple name I've been thinking about it and I feel like I want to be able to help people learn more actively. While teaching isn't always something I find the most thrilling when I do set aside time for it I do enjoy people making progress and helping them walk the steps in whatever job they're going though.

In experience most of my hours have been spent up to my knees and elbows in blood and guts in the medbay and I can easily say that's where most of my experience lays. As medical doctor, medical director or medi-cyborg there's something irreplaceable about it and teaching not just the basics of treating the 4 damage types but the advanced methods and tricks as well. Suggesting improvements they could make while trying to not overcrowd people with suggestions and advice. My experience in medbay isn't just as a medical doctor but I personally feel strong in my knowledge in genetics and robotics too.

Outside of medbay I personally know a fair amount of how to be a competent in almost any job. I feel confident I can turn around a faulty budget of my own or by advising somebody else how to do so. I feel like I can make any non-secret chem in reasonable time and show somebody else how to make anything basic or interesting. I'm a bit weaker on food but making and presenting drinks is something I can't find enough time for. I know how to run every engine competently, how to preform repairs and while my time in teaching these is limited to one tour guide around the hotloop for a curious captain and HOP (with hardhats for safety of course) I feel confident I could give proper instruction on how to work them to anybody where needed.

I will say that other roles such as telesci, artsci, sec, janitor and botony are weaknesses on me. While I understand and can explain the role in theory in practice [b]sec has proved as a too emotionally draining place for me to remain without trusted team-mates. And I've lacked the constitution to tackle the math required for telesci, simply never had any experience as artsci. While those are weaknesses I'm eager to fix I truthfully can't say the same about botony and janitor. I'm simply lost to passion or knowledge of the secrets of green leaves and slippy floors.(But I love you hard working folk out there)[/b]

Previous bans: None

Messages In This Thread
Mentor Application - Drunkangel/Lily - by Drunkangel - 11-01-2020, 07:44 PM