Mentor Application - Drunkangel/Lily
Usual character name: Lilac Collar, Lethix Lazlux, Lamp Washington, H.L.P 2182
BYOND username: Drunkangel
Discord username: Lily
Recommended by: Varshie, Kamades, Jan.antilles
Goon servers you play: RP1 and RP overflow

Reason for application + game experience: I've recently reached 3 months of experience in goon station and recently seeing other people get the purple name I've been thinking about it and I feel like I want to be able to help people learn more actively. While teaching isn't always something I find the most thrilling when I do set aside time for it I do enjoy people making progress and helping them walk the steps in whatever job they're going though.

In experience most of my hours have been spent up to my knees and elbows in blood and guts in the medbay and I can easily say that's where most of my experience lays. As medical doctor, medical director or medi-cyborg there's something irreplaceable about it and teaching not just the basics of treating the 4 damage types but the advanced methods and tricks as well. Suggesting improvements they could make while trying to not overcrowd people with suggestions and advice. My experience in medbay isn't just as a medical doctor but I personally feel strong in my knowledge in genetics and robotics too.

Outside of medbay I personally know a fair amount of how to be a competent in almost any job. I feel confident I can turn around a faulty budget of my own or by advising somebody else how to do so. I feel like I can make any non-secret chem in reasonable time and show somebody else how to make anything basic or interesting. I'm a bit weaker on food but making and presenting drinks is something I can't find enough time for. I know how to run every engine competently, how to preform repairs and while my time in teaching these is limited to one tour guide around the hotloop for a curious captain and HOP (with hardhats for safety of course) I feel confident I could give proper instruction on how to work them to anybody where needed.

I will say that other roles such as telesci, artsci, sec, janitor and botony are weaknesses on me. While I understand and can explain the role in theory in practice [b]sec has proved as a too emotionally draining place for me to remain without trusted team-mates. And I've lacked the constitution to tackle the math required for telesci, simply never had any experience as artsci. While those are weaknesses I'm eager to fix I truthfully can't say the same about botony and janitor. I'm simply lost to passion or knowledge of the secrets of green leaves and slippy floors.(But I love you hard working folk out there)[/b]

Previous bans: None
Yes! Make Lilac...lilac! Lily plays a really dedicated, understanding, but no-nonsense character and has a lot to teach in medical (and security/command, even if she doesn't admit to it!) She's also markedly robust; saved my rear in a particular round in Security on Atlas when I needed help most, as Lilac Collar, the late-joining, "I've-been-here-for-five-minutes,-what's-going-on?" Captain. Keen awareness, knows when and how to be decisive, and does it all in the best interests of everyone's fun.

Also just an incredibly kind, thoughtful, and humble person in the Discord. +1 from me!
I mean, I reccomended they apply, didn't I? Lilac\Lily has done an amazing job of teaching folks every time I've seen them at it, and does a great job of being a teaching by example even if they aren't actively teaching.

I forsee no issues with metagame knowldge from them, and expect they'll be a solid credit to the mentor team. Also, a good mouse. Make this person a tiny purple mouse.
Lily is competent in several roles, a good RPer and overall a good member of the community. +1
Go go Gadget Lily! +1 from me, they're a blast to play alongside with!
Yes, yes, yes! Lily is always so helpful and fun. I am always glad to see her in a round, because I know that no matter what role she plays, she will RP consistently, handle what needs to be handled, and keep learning and sharing knowledge with others. I totally trust her to not take advantage of mentorhelp information, and to be kind and patient in situations where she is purple.

Lilac for lilac!! +1 with a huge smile from me! big grin
I’ve seen Lily a lot since I started playing again a few months ago. She’s a great teacher, especially in medbay, and is always an enjoyable person to be around both in and outside of the game. I’m certain that she will make a great mentor.
I haven't played much on the RP server lately however Lily has been great person on the Discord server and considering that alot of MHelps get answered there, I think they'll make a good fit.
I think they're the right combination of helpful and competent- Which makes for a great mentor! I think we need more Medical professionals in the mentor crew anyways, so I think they're a great fit for the role!
Having seen Lilac and Lethix in action and knowing Lily from the Discord, I can heartily recommend them for mentorship. Competent, nice, and patient. That's how I like my mentors. +1
Lily is a good person who I've personally interacted with a fair bit. While I haven't seen her directly in-game helping people, this is mostly just because I play AI a ton, but when I do interact with her in-game and on the Discord it's always a pleasant experience. They've been playing for a while now and definitely seem to have a grasp on mechanics, and with a great personality, I think she'd make a great mentor! +1
In both in and out of game, Lily is great to talk to, very kind, and extraordinarily helpful. From experience, she has no qualms helping and teaching random named folk who aren't part of the recognizable regulars, and that to me is the mark of someone who's good mentor material. Keep being awesome, Lily!
Definitely a +1 beep boop