Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PR] Done fuck all, but I wanted to get this draft PR out of the way so
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[FUCK][INPUT WANTED][BALANCE][FEATURE][REWORK][WIP][ASS-JAM]
About the PR
Adds player buildable atmospherics to the station! This will let players use a portable dispenser similar to disposal pipes to construct atmospherics machines, and possibly the RCDD, which function exactly like the ones currently in game! Pre-existing atmospherics will also be deconstructible, movable, and whatnot. Putting this in as an ass jam change because will my code work well? Probably not, so its best to keep it for ass jam until its optimised and stuff. Things I plan to do:

- [ ] Make `obj/atmosphericsconstruct` contain fake atmospherics objects
- [ ] Make these fake atmospherics objects turn into real atmospherics when anchored
- [ ] Make real atmospherics be able to fucking work with player constructible atmos in any way at all
- [ ] Add proper logging for this shit, because its definitely gonna be gamebreaking
- [ ] Make it possible to get these atmospherics constructs in game some way or another
- [ ] Re-add atmospheric technicians, and get some good mapper to make a cool atmospherics room
- [ ] Make pre-existing atmospherics be unanchorable, where they turn into fake atmos constructs.

Now currently, I have not done a single one of these. This draft PR just serves as a way for me to get feedback on this idea, and to motivate myself to not procrastinate and actually work on this. Also for other coders to shout at my shitcode, but thats a given with my coding skills.

Why's this needed?
I mean its kinda cool, and allows for more interesting engine stuff to be done, plus its *really* cool. Originally meant to be a shitty ass jam PR, realised how much effort it would take, and Flab said it'd be a good non ass jam feature, so I decided to make it part of the game!

Changelog

Code:
(u)TrustworthyFella:
(*)Player constructible atmospherics are here! Ass jam exclusive currently, look for an atmospherics fabricator in engineering, and try not to break it too badly.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS