Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add the kitchen dispenser to kitchens
I recently found out that the asylum in Donut 3 has a built in kitchen dispenser that can provide a series of things the barstaff have no easy means of replenishing, such as Pepper, Mustard, Ketchup, alongside several potentially useful cocktail ingredients like Mint. I think it would be a good addition for the chef, if only to lower the amount of times a chef may have to shove past a bartender for access to toppings.

There is the argument that some of these reagents are actually craftable by botanists. I'd say food reagents are pretty minor compared to the food items, which can set a whole theme for the restaurant. Additionally, going through the trouble of pestering botany also means you have to hope that the botanists can provide *potent* food and don't just leave your plant growing without any fertilizer (which is fine for food)
Heartily seconding this. It's a very convenient source of toppings for cakes. I don't see it displacing the botanists too much since 1) some of the reagents are stuff botany can't replenish, like pepper and 2) you still need to ask botany for certain crops for certain dishes, i.e. you still need to get mint leaves from botany for peppermints, you can't get them from the dispenser since it only gives chems

BTW, Manta's kitchen has the same dispenser too. Its full name is "kitchen fountain" and the full list of stuff is: cherry juice, chocolate ,chocolate milk, coconut milk, cola, cranberry juice, ketchup, lemon juice, lime juice, mint, mustard, orange juice, pepper, strawberry milk, sugar, tea, vanilla, and water.