Mentor Application - Kjorky Ponkhetz (Kak0phony)
Usual character name: Kjorky Ponkhetz / Victoria Dallon
BYOND username: Kak0phony
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Kak0phony#4259 (current display name is "Chad")
Recommended by (if applicable): Flourish
Goon servers you play: GoonRP and Goon2

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): I started playing SS13 back in March of 2019, found Goonstation and I've been playing here ever since. I was amazed at how in-depth the game mechanics were, from powering the station with various gas mixtures to something as simple as making a cocktail! I'd read the wiki whenever I had a spare moment, I absolutely had to know everything about the game.

What I really appreciated though, was the community. Everyone here is so friendly, and the welcoming atmosphere is SO important for a game with a steep learning curve such as this. The moments I remember best as a new player, were the ones in which an experienced player took the time to teach me a role. Recently, I've had the most fun just spending the shift with a new crewmember and teaching them the ropes. It's really satisfying hanging out at the bar with a newbie chef or bartender, and showing them all the neat little tricks while making food and drinks.

I want to become a mentor so I can further help new (and old) players. I like answering people's questions whenever they ask in Discord or in-game, so applying for Mentor feels like a natural continuation of that. I've played in just about every department and every role, and I have a lot of expertise in engineering and catering especially!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None (except for that one time I got banned from Discord for saying "Gamers")
I've seen them on discord quite often and maybe once or twice in game, haven't personally seen anything that makes me want to say no, and I'm all for new mentors if they're willing and wanting to help. +1 from me.
Kjorky is super fun and friendly, and has a very chill attitude about things. They'd make a great mentor!
Kjorky good, they've been around ages, and know their stuff. Definitely mentor material, +1, purple this nerd already.
Yeah! Kjorky is a great player and definitely purple-rated. +1 from me
haven’t seen you for a bit in game because of the server difference, but i remember you being pretty helpful and friendly, as well as competent. i’m sure your experience can help out a lot (plus it’s always great to see more engi nerds), would be good to see you as a mentor. +1 from me
Can vouch +1, we dont cross paths too much but everytime has been pleasant
Kjorky is one of the people I'm always happy to see on RP, and was happy to see when I played main. +1
Finally got some rounds with Kjorky on RP while they were in engineering! They're fun/ny to have on engineering, dedicated to always training new folks on the team, and I even learned some neat tricks from watching them do engine setup when I was playing AI. In Discord and in-round, they're super helpful but also laid-back and take things in good stride. I only wish I could play more rounds with Kjorky, because you're refreshing and a lot of fun to have on a crew!

Also, you play a Finnish-accented CE, which I love and do on my engineering character when I'm not silicon; that just boosts this application to another level, in my humble and totally objective and not-biased opinion.

+1!
Yeah, I've only had positive experiences with Kjorky
+1 (i am not allowed to say why, it is a secret)