Mentor Application -gloryX12
Usual Character Name: Cliff Donkin
BYOND Username: gloryX12
Recommended by (if applicable):
Times Available: Usually on three to four times each day

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): I have been playing this ss13 for a while now, dating back to a little more than 2 years from now, and every time I played back then I wondered, will this game really be interesting and stick with me? Of course the the lag that Byond provides didn’t help that decision, but I have learned to shrug it off over the years. I was a real noob back then, as I couldn’t even chat in the chat box, and I faintly remember my first day or two of ss13, where I just followed around a chaplain and an assistant as they provided me helpful information on what do. (Considering I didn’t know how to Adminhelp and I don’t believe mentors were added back then) Over the next few months I started to learn the more advanced things and moved on to harder jobs, chef being my favorite back then but now I only choose it when bored. Another few months went by when I started to really understand the game well, and then I had tried almost all the jobs, other than maybe captain. Almost a year ago and I have gone up in history as the captain several times and have experienced every job other than HoS, but have not had the opportunity to play as a wizard. Now touching on that subject I have had a fair amount of experience in the way traitor jobs work, and what to do as them.

Now the reason I think I should be given the chance to mentor is just that, to mentor the newer players and inform then on how to do even the slightest things such as how to eat. I also believe because of my previous game knowledge I will be experienced enough to help people with things and what not to do. Now also I have been warned by an admin before which is mentioned below, which may also help me stop people from doing the wrong thing, as I have had experienced it before, not as much as a person who has been banned before of course. I want to make a safe, fun game environment for every new player that plays, because community is key for a game to succeed, hell ss13 has been around for almost ten years now! I hope this helps explain why I should get a shot at mentoring.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): Shrek was an incredible movie series, and while all were amazing, I found each sequel to be less and less interesting, plot wise. I remember as a kid watching the movies and thinking, Shrek is the most amazing character ever, he’s cool and green! But when the second movie was released I found Puss to be an amazing character that I could come to love. Donkey also provided the fun factor to the movie, pestering Shrek with his witty jokes.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): I have not received any bans before, but have been warned once for yelling “admin bus!” into the headset around 2010/2011.
gloryX12 Wrote:noob
Don't do that and you have my yes.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
gloryX12 Wrote:noob
Don't do that and you have my yes.

Thanks for the feedback
No.
Instead of just a plain no, i should probably explain why i don't believe you should become a mentor.

First off, this
gloryX12 Wrote:Times Available: Usually on three to four times each day
gloryX12 Wrote:I don’t believe mentors were added back then
this might just be me being dumb, but if you really have been playing 3-4 times a day, over the course of 2 years you'd think that someone who has played for so long would be able to know whether a feature (which you are applying for, right now) was implemented in 2010/11 or in 2012. Again, might just be me over-thinking this. Also "I was new at one point, but now i know how to kill people as a traitor" is hardly a reason for applying.
Personally i tend to notice and remember people's name, but i can't quite remember yours, might just be because i'm a nearsighted son of a bitch.

Second off
An important thing to ask yourself is, what can i contribute to a mentorhelp that other mentors won't be able to? Do you think that you know more/as much as the already existing members of the mentorsquad? One thing is having played a game for so long that you know pretty much everything. Another thing is, to actually explaining that in an understandable manner.
Would you think you could do your job as good/better than person x / y.
if you can answer all these with a loud and confident YES to all of these, then yea, I think you should be a mentor. But if you're doubting that you can say yes just on just one of those, then - sorry to say but - we most likely won't need you. Quite frankly there's more than enough on the mentorteam as is, in my opinion anyway. at around 30 or so players, seeing 3-5 mentors is pretty normal. But then again, having a large mentor count, might not be as bad as it used to be, when it was just implemented, where all the mentors would answer the same question, with the same effing answer 5 times in a row.
All this isn't directed at you per say, but at anyone who wants to join the rank of mentors, and answer literally a single (1) mentorhelp every third round. I hope i do not sound like a jerk, because i'm not trying to, just writing this from my point of view.
Honestly, reading over what nitrous said makes me rescind my affirmative
Lets just ask him some questions first rather then just shutting him out.

1. HI, I am new to this; what do i do?

2.How do I hack a door.

3. Why is mr.maples the greatest spaceman that ever lived.
dude you suck
to continue with maples good idea i of asking questions

1 what is a changling is it bad people a talking about it in chat
2 how do i set up the singularity
3 how do i get super powers
if you need feedback then no.
If you can't even remember when the mentor function was added, then fuck you. It just invalidates your entire application and any credibility you had has crashed into that Mummy 2 chasm.
btek Wrote:If you can't even remember when the mentor function was added, then fuck you. It just invalidates your entire application and any credibility you had has crashed into that Mummy 2 chasm.
No need to be damn rude, you know maybe I took a break from ss13, which I did, so I do know every damn update that came out. No one knows everything....
gloryX12 Wrote:
btek Wrote:If you can't even remember when the mentor function was added, then fuck you. It just invalidates your entire application and any credibility you had has crashed into that Mummy 2 chasm.
No need to be damn rude, you know maybe I took a break from ss13, which I did, so I do know every damn update that came out. No one knows everything....

So I guess it's not a big deal(hereby not worth mentioning) that you seem to have taken a break which has lasted from around the time you started playing to a period of time after mentors were added.

Well w/e, you're probably just gonna spew forth a stream of bile about other servers and how they don't compare to goonstation.

ugh, at least have some consistency.
btek Wrote:
gloryX12 Wrote:

So I guess it's not a big deal(hereby not worth mentioning) that you seem to have taken a break which has lasted from around the time you started playing to a period of time after mentors were added.

Well w/e, you're probably just gonna spew forth a stream of bile about other servers and how they don't compare to goonstation.

ugh, at least have some consistency.

You are to quick to consider things. I obviously didnt take break from 2010 to 2012
and im not a worthless piece of shit that would rat out goonstation :|

ugh, at least have some consistency.[/quote]

I thought you were an awesome mentor, but apparently you aren't as nice as you seem. You just have to be right and make everyone's life terrible so you can gloat about yours.