Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We should use the perspective grilles in SL_windows_grilles.dmi
[Image: unknown.png]

these grilles are in SL_windows_grilles.dmi (i did not draw them obv), I like them better than the not-in-perspective grilles we have, they'd need to be coded a bit to make them autoconnect correctly (like windows and doors do). would look Good and Aesthetically Consistent With The 3/4ths perspective
yeahs
I remember this being bought up like a few months ago and I remember voicing some apprehension because I felt there was something a little off about them. I think I've figured out why: it's the sloped parts. Grille-0 looks fine, but for ones like grilleB, it doesn't quite seem like the bars in front line up with the lines on the side. Maybe someone could move them up a few pixels? The sloped part going at an angle doesn't feel right either, perhaps somebody could remove them (though perhaps they'd look worse) and/or replace it by connecting the bars in front to be continous with the bars on the side.

Still, I do think it's an improvement over the non-perspective ones. I wouldn't mind if someone put these in the game right now.
i started coding this but it seems incomplete.

There is only 1 T join and no 4 way join

edit: also there is only an endcap for south grilles
e2: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/2544
Now we are using the perspective grilles! Still looks about as same as in the image shown (i.e. none of my suggestions came to fruit, but that's okay, these are open to changing), but as Sov said, now there are now a complete set of sprites for each possible configuration. So moving this to Good ideas.